Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issue

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 03:41 PM)
PeterF74
Apprentice
Options
Having a problem with my phone sound. When receiving a call while I am listening to headphones, I take out my headphones and remove them from the phone. However there is no sound from the phone at all. If I tap the speaker button in the call then the I get sound. This isn't just in calls. Apps like games also have no sound through the phone itself, despite the volume being up. I restart the phone and the problem disappears. Is this a setting that comes on when the headphones are plugged in and is them reset when the phone is restarted? 
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @PeterF74 ,

it's difficult to say without having hands on the phone, however, it may be an issue with the headphones port that makes the phone believe that the set is still connected to it. Please run the following test to determine if this something wrong with this port: launch Samsung Members (pre-installed in some phone and downloadable from the Galaxy Store)> Get help> Interactive checks> Headphones/earphones. 

0 Likes
PeterF74
Apprentice
Options
I've checked at it all appears to be working ok. I've only ever had this issue when receiving a call when I have my headphones in, but you're right, it is very much like my phone still thinks the headphones are plugged in. At any rate, it appears to be an intermittent problem.
0 Likes
Judiebythesea
Journeyman
Options
I have this problem but I don't use headphones. I posted a message then saw yours. Did you get it fixed? It's only been happening for a week or two.
0 Likes
PeterF74
Apprentice
Options
It hasn't happened since I posted, but as it is intermittent I have no idea if it will return.
0 Likes
Judiebythesea
Journeyman
Options
I'm waiting to chat to a Samsung rep.....
0 Likes
PeterF74
Apprentice
Options
If you get some answers can you share them here please?
0 Likes
Judiebythesea
Journeyman
Options
Of course. I had a long webchat and tried a few things. Another user has suggested turning up the in call volume. I looked for it everywhere in the user manual but it's not in there. I didn't realise that it's only an option when you're on a call. So how does it turn itself down intermittently? The Samsung rep suggests repairing my phone but I'm inclined to think it's a software issue, not a hardware problem.
PeterF74
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I agree, it feels like a software glitch to me.
jellybaby
Journeyman
Options
I've been getting frustrated with the lack of incall volume and loathe to send phone away, do please update, if you find answer, as well I.
take care
0 Likes