Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SD MEMORY CARD the default storage

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 03:37 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have recently bought a Samsung galaxy A10. It came with a 2 GB Ram and a 32 GB SD Memory Card. I'd like to ask you how can I make the SD Memory Card the default storage on my Samsung?

Also how can I transfer applications from the internal storage to the SD memory card? 

36 REPLIES 36
SureshTallam
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Tried the commands with adb. Phone just restarts after the sm partition command and when it is back up, it says the SD card is corrupted and let me format it. After formatting, it just loads like a normal external SD card. Can you please help me with this?

Thank you

Suresh Tallam

DianeFam
First Poster
Options

This was such a huge help, thank you SemihAbi!

Between the guidance from SemihAbi on 04-06-2020 11:43 PM and this additional tutorial, I was able to get this working.  One thing that stumped me for a bit, was that I needed to copy more than just the number into the command SemihAbi showed, you need the full "disk:###,##" where ###,## is the number you see. 

I did one more thing that neither SemihAbi or the tutorial mentioned, but may have been part of the solution.  When in the "Developer Options," I turned on "Force allow apps on external" which is way towards the bottom of the list of options.  Good luck!

ladychow
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A is running Android version 8.1.  I would LOVE to get my SD card to become internal storage but as you probably know, the software won't allow it.  I read your post and could appreciate a more detailed explanation.  What  is ADB?  What is MTP?  How do I verify the RSA-Token?  Etc....  Not being able to format the SD card as internal storage sucks.

Thank yo for any help you can provide.  

0 Likes
PennyLane42
Student
Options

Wait, my understanding is that the "sm partition" command will not simply re-mount your SD card as internal memory, it will re-FORMAT it, erasing all data that's already on the card. That's maybe worth mentioning before people just try this out.

PennyLane42
Student
Options

The fact that Samsung decides to silently move apps you've explicitly moved to external memory back to internal memory on update is the single most annoying and mind-boggling decision made by them. It alone is also reason enough to eschew their devices in the future for me. It makes it virtually impossible to actually use the external memory that was a must-have feature for me in the first place. Shame!

Shame!

Shame.gif

Shame!

0 Likes
Pablo_cl
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas, I have a Galaxy Tab A (T510) Christmas present. I realize it has only 32GB internal, I bought it a 64GB Class10 microSD to be able to extend the storage (32 + 64). I followed the steps of @SemihAbi plus Simpleit.rocks (https://simpleit.rocks/android/how-to-use-microsd-as-internal-storage/).

Everything seemed to be going well, the tablet restarted but it indicated that the microSD was corrupt (I had to format it again) to which the 96GB that I expected to have did not appear.

Someone who has managed to use the microSD as part of the device's internal storage it did not appear in my system.

Disclaimer: when simpleit.rocks indicate:

1. Go to Settings and then Storage.
2. Select the microSD card listed at the internal storage section and tap to enter it.
3. Inside the above menu browse to the bottom and choose to move all the data to the new card.

Thanks & Regards to everyone

Pablo

0 Likes
Pablo_cl
Apprentice
Options

The same thing has happened to me repeatedly.

I'm taking out Android 10 from Samsung and installing a not-so-restricted Android 10 (I don't know if there is any other OS option)

Regards

Pablo

0 Likes
Panzerzug
First Poster
Options
so can you or can you not?
0 Likes
BigJoeMorgan
Student
Options

MTP? adb shell? I am a Microsoft developer professionally,  and I have no idea how to follow these instructions.  I presume this is Linux...any Windows tools for this?

0 Likes
BigJoeMorgan
Student
Options

I have been moving apps to SD for years on Android devices, both manually and using AppMgrIii, a very nice tool for this.

0 Likes