Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensaver keeps resetting

(Topic created on: 30-04-2022 10:50 AM)
Sora1900
First Poster
Options

I normally have my charging screensaver set to photos but for some reason after a day or so it changes to the colors on its own and I'm not sure why.

23 REPLIES 23
Members_KNCrdVW
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issue for about 5 days now. No matter what I set the screen saver on (photos, gallery, etc) the next time I put it on the charger it reverts back to Colours. No recent phone settings updates. What's causing this? 

Timro1
Student
Options

Mine too, on Galaxy Note. Very annoying!

FrankenWompus
First Poster
Options

Same here. S10. It's been happening for the last week or so for me. 

HeyYouGuyzzz
Apprentice
Options

Same thing is happening to me on my Note 20Ultra, it started about a week ago right after an update. If I set the screensaver to clock it will stay that way until I interact with the phone. Where I really notice it is because I use my phone for a clock/alarm next to my bed and if I snooze or cancel the alarm in the morning it immediately switches over to Colors even though I don't even unlock the phone or even take it off the dock.

Jordonyc80
First Poster
Options

I'm having same exact issue which also started about 5 days ago. Normally have screen saver set to clock yet everyday it's now resetting to "colors". It's very annoying.

DamianEdwards
First Poster
Options

Came here to say this has started happening to me too on my Galaxy S21 Ultra after the recent update.

Members_1N8hD1I
First Poster
Options

Same here. S10e. I have an alarm clock screensaver and even if I snooze it from my Galaxy watch the scrdensaver changes to colours. Seriously annoying!

Pikoh
First Poster
Options

Same here. It kinda annoying having to change screensaver settings every night. And no answer yet from samsung.

Figure it out
Journeyman
Options

It appears to be the clock/alarm feature that triggers this in most of these complaints (from a recent forced update).  The best SOLUTION is to search for the Samsung app called "Clock," open it and find settings in the menu and go to "About Clock."  Choose to undo the update (revert to original version) which should be ver  12.1.00.17 and then close it.  Reset your screensaver to what you want and dock/charge your phone.  The problem should be fixed.