Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G headphone mic not working

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 01:45 PM)
Nimesh7
Apprentice
Options
Hi
My Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G wired headset microphone seems to have stopped working randomly. This means that I'm unable to hear the caller, for both inbound and outbound calls. I've tried various different wired headsets, which work fine on other phones but just not on the Samsung Galaxy A52s. The phone is less than a year old and is still on warranty.

Has anybody else experienced the same fault with their Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G? It seems quite strange for it to suddely to stop functioning as I've been using this daily since I've had the phone. 

My software is all up to date, I've tried the microphone diagnostics on the members page, cleaned the headphone jack and rebooted the phone several times. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, you described that you tried all possible things to fix the issue. I'm afraid the last thing is apply the warranty.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
Nimesh7
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your response on this. I've sent it back to the Samsung repair centre for a repair under the warranty now. The repair is currently in progress
0 Likes
Keri1990
Journeyman
Options

I've only just seen this and I had the same problem I discovered ignoring the headphone jack totally and use the charger adapter instead no problems for the last 4mths since I done that and it's louder and clearer

0 Likes
Keri1990
Journeyman
Options

Use the charger port instead of the headphone port I did that it was louder clearer no problems since I stopped using the original port probably why Samsung started making there phones without the port straight after the a52 5g just like iPhone done with the 8plus

0 Likes
Keri1990
Journeyman
Options

Use the charger port instead of the headphone socket I can't believe no1 else tried it especially after the headphone jack was taken away on the a53 5g 

0 Likes
Nimesh7
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the suggestion. After sending the phone off for repair under the Samsung warranty last year, they sent it back saying no faults found. The wired headset still does not work but I'm giving up on the situation now. However, I'll try the charger port that you have suggested. Surprised not many A52s owners have not experienced or reported the same exact fault
Aurora_Marie
First Poster
Options

Fellow A52 user here, I can confirm that using the adapter through the charging port also worked for me.

It was an odd problem to say the least, since for the last 2 years the aux port has worked totally fine. Did an update on the phone last week and suddenly the external microphone through the aux port stopped working. This was a huge issue because I run a small business and have to use a square reader that plugs into the aux port. For some reason it requires access to the external microphone. In case anyone else needs a solution to this too, also confirming the square reader issue is also fixed by plugging it into the adapter. 

0 Likes
Nimesh7
Apprentice
Options
It's rather odd that it just suddenly stops working despite it working fine previously. I've just resorted to using wireless Bluetooth headphones now, rather than trying to use any adapters but thank you for your input. Really helpful to know 🙂
0 Likes
Raghu vardhan
First Poster
Options

Same with me and this problem started after recent software update.

0 Likes