Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A51 What's App calls freezing and slow Apps

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 01:05 PM)
Clay69
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone help me please 

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A51 in August and a few weeks ago it's starting to freeze What's App calls, after a couple of minutes for about 60 seconds every couple of minutes. Also Google is very slow and very slow to log into apps 😴 

I've had  a Virgin Media engineer out twice and he said nothing is wrong with my wifi, he said it must be my phone. Everyone else in the house has no issue's with What's App calls r their WiFi so it's obviously my phone. Have I something set wrong on my phone ? 

6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Clay69 ,

have you checked if there is any update available for this app on the Play Store? Is this happening while you are using mobile data too and is WhatsApp the only app being affected? 

0 Likes
Clay69
Apprentice
Options

Data working perfectly outside the house just not inside as we have very bad reception here so depend on wifi to make what's app calls. Slow to log onto website too

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine. I would like you to test the phone Wi-Fi to see if there is anything wrong with it. You can do this from Samsung Members> Get Help > Go to Phone Care > Interactive Checks> Wi-Fi. 

Clay69
Apprentice
Options

Just tried that thanks said signal very strong 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That indicates that the phone is receiving correctly the signal. Can you try your phone in Safe Mode and try to browse any page using the browser to see if a third party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. 

0 Likes
Clay69
Apprentice
Options
I put the phone into safe mode and it wouldn't let me browse anything as it said no Internet connection turn off safe mode to use the Internet
0 Likes