Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A12 - Samsung Pass - Secure folder

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 06:57 PM)
roboxit
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I bought a Galaxy A12, I'm really disappointed to find out the Secure folder, neither the app Samsung pass, are available.

Before buying the A12, I've read all the specs, I double-checked if Knox was supported, and it is, but I didn't find anywhere that these features are missing.

The technical support through the Samsung Member app, confirmed these features are missing.

At this point, I have to tell you that is unacceptable to not make clear to the consumers that the Secure Folder, and Samsung Pass are not present in all smartphones.

Samsung should put a list of smartphones with these features on the pages:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-pass/

16 REPLIES 16
IanF1
Apprentice
Options

Nope. It's not there.

0 Likes
TheNooblvl100
First Poster
Options

This is very frustrating. Does anyone know if this feature will be implemented in a future update? Thank you.

0 Likes
Kangarooo
Journeyman
Options

Same here- A12 Nacho with exynos cpu. One ui core 3.1. I hope they make fix and update will come.

Kangarooo
Journeyman
Options

Update came and works now in A12 Nacho model in july i think

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A127F/XEH/doc.html

0 Likes
NanaRomanka
First Poster
Options

You can secure a folder from your Samsung Galaxy A12 and also use the built-in Secure Folder feature. Here's a simple step guidelines:

• Open the app drawer and find the Secure Folder app (it has an icon that looks like a folder with a lock).
    If you haven't set up Secure Folder before, you'll need to go through the initial setup process, which involves signing in with your Samsung account or creating a new one.
  • Once you're set up, open the Secure Folder app and follow the on-screen instructions to set a secure lock method, such as a PIN, password, or biometric authentication (fingerprint or face recognition).
  • After setting up the lock, you can start adding content to the secure folder. You can either move existing files and apps into the folder or create new ones directly within it.
  • To add files, tap the "Add files" option and choose the files you want to move or copy into the secure folder.
  • To add apps, tap the "Add apps" option and select the apps you want to move into the secure folder.
    You can access the secure folder anytime by opening the Secure Folder app and entering your lock method.
  • Inside the secure folder, you can manage your files and apps separately from the rest of your device. They are protected with an additional layer of security.

That's a brief (8171) overview of how to secure a folder using the Secure Folder feature on the Samsung Galaxy A12. Remember to choose a strong lock method and keep it private to ensure the security of your content.

0 Likes
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
Thank for your suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't apply to the A12. The app is not already installed on the phone, neither available to download from the Samsung App Store when connecting with an A12 to it. I tried again right now and I can confirm Samsung didn't provide an update for the A12 in order to make available the Secure Folder app for it.
0 Likes
Farrukh Nawaz
First Poster
Options

The Samsung Galaxy A12 is a budget-friendly smartphone that offers a range of features, including Samsung Pass and Secure Folder, which enhance the device's security and privacy capabilities.

Samsung Pass is a convenient and secure way to authenticate your identity and access various apps and services on your Galaxy A12. Instead of relying on multiple passwords and login information, Samsung Pass utilizes biometric authentication methods such as fingerprint recognition or facial recognition to provide a seamless and secure user experience. With Samsung Pass, you can securely log in to supported apps and websites with just a touch or a glance, eliminating the hassle of remembering multiple passwords.

Secure Folder is another valuable security feature available on the Galaxy A12. It enables you to create a private and encrypted space on your device, where you can store sensitive files, documents, photos, and apps. The Secure Folder is protected by a separate authentication method, such as a PIN, password, pattern, or biometric credentials, providing an additional layer of security and privacy. It ensures that your personal data remains hidden and secure, even if someone gains unauthorized access to your device.

The combination of Samsung Pass and Secure Folder on the Galaxy A12 offers users a comprehensive security solution, protecting their personal information and ensuring their privacy. With these features, Samsung continues to prioritize user security and provide a seamless and protected experience for its customers, even on their budget-friendly smartphone offerings.

0 Likes