Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A12 - Samsung Pass - Secure folder

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 06:57 PM)
roboxit
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I bought a Galaxy A12, I'm really disappointed to find out the Secure folder, neither the app Samsung pass, are available.

Before buying the A12, I've read all the specs, I double-checked if Knox was supported, and it is, but I didn't find anywhere that these features are missing.

The technical support through the Samsung Member app, confirmed these features are missing.

At this point, I have to tell you that is unacceptable to not make clear to the consumers that the Secure Folder, and Samsung Pass are not present in all smartphones.

Samsung should put a list of smartphones with these features on the pages:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-pass/

16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the link, I know how to setup the Secure folder and the Samsung pass because I have also a Samsung A70. The option to enable both of them are missing in the A12. It's confirmed also by Samsung support. See the picture.Screenshot_20210715-163625_Settings.jpg
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
The screenshot is taken from my phone.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When I saw your question I first thought it didn't have SF but unless I'm 100% confident, I research it and saw many similar articles to the link.

I guess Samsung know their devices better than anyone but it's strange there are so many stories to the contrary. Have you tried downloading the app from Play Store?
0 Likes
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
I've contacted also the presale support asking for a list of phone supporting these features. After ten minutes they provided this link https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/secure-folder/
So I assume they don't have a list of all phones having these features. Also, the fact that the S series has the Secure folder, doesn't say nothing about the other series. I have also tablet Samsung Tab A, secure folder is present, Samsung pass not and cannot be installed because not displayed in the Samsung store. So, why in the specification Samsung doesn't explicitly mention these features, considering that their choice to put or not on some models makes a difference between different models?
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
If I search on Galaxy Store for Samsung Pass or Samsung Secure Folder with my A12, I can't find them. By the way, Secure folder is not available to download. On the other hand, the Samsung Pass app is available on Galaxy store when i browse it with my A70.
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
I tried to install the apps taken from my A70, Authentication Framework and Samsung Pass, no way, the installation stops.Screenshot_20210716-231811_Package installer.jpgScreenshot_20210716-231737_Package installer.jpg
roboxit
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE: I've found out the main difference between the A70 (where the Samsung Pass app and the Secure Folder app are available) and the A12 (where the apps are not available). The user interface for the A70 is [One UI], for the A12 is is [One UI Core] which has less features. In the future, for my use case, I will avoid to buy Samsung Galaxy Phone with the One UI core user interface. However, I'm disappointed because Samsung is obliged to provide a correct information about their phones features , and clearly warning the customers about which user interface is provided.
roboxit
Journeyman
Options