Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A70 focus issue

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 02:30 PM)
Arodpei
Apprentice
Options

My 1 year old A70 has just developed a bit of a quirky feature. It will still focus just fine but but starting at about 1/3 from the top and 1/3 from the bottom the there is a gradient where it quickly falls out of focus. This isn't a DOF issue, even if the object is in the plane of focus it will be out of focus. I Just tested it buy photographing a flat object with the phone perfectly parallel and the same issue occurred.  I just tested using a different camera app that I can use to lock focus and I can tilt the camera to a point where the entire image will be in focus. Its almost as if the cameras plain of focus has completely shifted. Any thoughts? 

EDIT: When I look at the lens it appears to not be centered anymore. I am assuming it got jostled or is loose in its mount.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Arodpei: Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Galaxy A70 camera. Which camera mode are you using when the issue occurs? If you open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > About Camera, are there any updates available? As a troubleshooting step, can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data, then restart the phone to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
Arodpei
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply,

The camera is up to date and it happens across all camera apps and shooting modes. Clearing the cache and resetting the camera does nothing. This only affects my standard lens and not my ultra wide angle.

Here is an example. The first photo is focused on the base of the tree. Top of the tree is out of focus but the house in the background is in focus. Second photo the focus is on the top of tree. You can see the focus fall off from to to bottom.

20201209_093555.jpg20201209_093558.jpg

0 Likes