Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 5G SM-536W touchscreen stopped working after ONE UI 6.0 update

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 06:14 PM)
Dan_e_boy
Journeyman
Options

I recenty replaced a broken screen on my phone.  Everything was working normally, and the phone was doing several updates since it hadn't been used in a while ( due to broken screen).  Once the ONE UI 6.0 update was completed, my touchscreen stopped working.  Everything else works as it should.  Internal diagnostics suite reports all working except for touch.  I was trying to see if I can downgrade back to ONE UI 5.1 but apparently because the bootloader version has changed from 7 to 8 it is not possible.  Now I can only use the phone with a mouse.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Was the display replaced by an authorised Samsung repair service centre ? @Dan_e_boy 

It may not be the update but an issue with the repair.

If the repair was by Samsung then ask them to assess the phone. 

If not then your warranty will be voided so go back to the shop you authorised to carry out the repair. 

Look at xdadevelopers.com in regards to software. 

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mrx0rhk
First Poster
Options

IT IS an Update issue!

You can find it a few times in the community and I have a phone lying in front of me with the same issue. 

This is a case for a lawyer if Samsung is disabling third party displays with an update 😅

Dan_e_boy
Journeyman
Options

My screen is aftermarket and I replaced it myself.  I'm not a phone repair person but I am a Technologist by profession and have many years experience working with small sensitive electronic devices.  I prepared myself for the work by watching some tutorials, and worked very carefully.  The process was actually quite simple for me, the hardest part was removing the battery.  Thing is, my warranty is already expired so that is not a worry of mine.  Phone worked, update prompted, so I updated.  Repeated this process until the One UI6.0 update and then screen stops working.  At this point, had I know what I know now, I may have been able to downgrade back to 5.1.1 because the build number (bootloader version) was still 7 (according to my searches).  Because I didn't suspect that an official Samsung update would cause any problems, I proceeded with the next prompted update using a mouse and touch still didn't work.  After reaching out to screen vendor and much internet searching I find that others are having this issue and that I appear to be stuck.  If I could go back to the previous OneUI 5.1.1 where the touch was working, then I could prove whether the problem is a defective screen, or Samsung update.  But since I can't, I don't know what to do.  Maybe I should try to downgrade anyway and see if it lets me?

Brainhood
First Poster
Options

I am having the a similar issue with myA53...In my case, I only laminated the glass of the screen and every thing was working fine untill I updated to one ui 6...Now the touch will freeze sometimes and most of the time during calls...The phone heats much faster as compared to one ui5.xx

I fell like downgrading but it seems I am stuck with this one ui6.

0 Likes
Cramueljan
First Poster
Options

After an update my Samsung A53 5g touch screen is not working. Samsung physical CS already tried restart and factory restore. Same issue. They have quote me to buy parts etc. worth 18k? Is this a way to scam people? Update, make it defective and quote them for parts/repair. 

0 Likes
Dan_e_boy
Journeyman
Options

Listing as much detail as I can remember in hopes that this will help someone.  Please note that since touch isn't working, I had to do all of this using a mouse.  Using Odin and Bifrost, and a bunch of online tutorials and research, I have attempted to roll back the firmware version to any bootloader before 8 and was not successful.  I also reinstalled OneUI6 and that didn't help.  The interweb was right, the average consumer cannot roll back to a lower bootloader using the freely available tools online.  I don't know if a repair center would have this ability but I suspect not.  Also a thing to note is that using Bifrost to download previous versions of official Samsung firmware is not as straight forward as you may think.  You need to know the exact file names in order to get results different than the most current update.  You need to do a manual download.  If you enter your model number and region in the "history" tab, click "check history" button, this will show all the previous versions.  You can then click the download button on one of the results and if your lucky, that version is still available and will download.  If it is not available, you will get a message that says it is trying to download version XXXXXX instead.  I had to do that many times until I found the versions I wanted to try.   Maybe registering with SAMFREW or any of these other similar websites will be easier, but you still need to make sure you have all of the correct information for your phone.  If you have a firmware name already entered in the downloader tab, the file will save with that name but once you extract the zip file the proper firmware name will be there.  This is something to keep in mind if you are downloading many different firmware files.  From what I've been able to find from much web searches, it seems like OneUI6 is not able to recognize the Touch Screen Panel (TSP) firmware.  You can confirm this by opening the dialer and dialing *#2663#.  A window will appear with that information and you will see NA in many places.  The only way I could find to update this was to click on the Download button that is available in this window.  When I tried that, it didn't work.  I've seen other searches from previous OneUI updates that suggest this may have happened before.  Perhaps, the aftermarket vendors were able to figure out a way around this block and implemented it in their hardware, but then when a new update happens, the block comes back.  This is only a guess.  As much as I like to tinker and try to figure these things out I will have to give up this time.  My window to return my screen is closing soon and I would rather try and cut my losses to get my money back for the screen.  This has been a fun and frustrating learning experience.  I will now be looking out for these types of issues if I decide to buy a refurbished phone in the future.  Good luck to anyone going through the same problem.

0 Likes