(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 08:52 PM)
dylanrk111
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @dylanrk111. I'm sure you'll get the Biometrics working as you'd expect very soon. Have you had a look at the tips provided in the guide below?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-fingerprint-scanner-isnt-working/

Please let me know if this helps.

dylanrk111
Apprentice
Options

@PaulM1 Hello, I already tried all of that solutions.  For example if I Clear my cache partition, Fingerprint working for few hours. after that few hour same problem coming back. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@dylanrk111: If you choose biometrics recognition, which includes using Fingerprints or Facial recognition to unlock your phone, the screen which requests your PIN, Pattern or Password may still appear instead of Fingerprints or Facial recognition in some cases according to the policy of Android OS.

• If you have used and unlocked the device using Biometrics including Fingerprints or Facial recognition in the past 24 hours.
  • If 4 hours pass without an additional unlock operation after unlocking your device using Fingerprints or Facial recognition.
  • If 72 hours pass after unlocking your device using a PIN, Pattern or Password while fingerprint is set as screen lock type.

This is an intended response for enhanced security of your device. Additionally, you can only use a PIN, Pattern or Password to unlock the screen after restarting the device or when you don’t use the device for more than 24 hours.

dylanrk111
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL I checked this. But this one also not related to this. After restarting first I enter the pin and unlock. After around 1 hour again this error coming. In that times If I use "Check added fingerprints" option It shows nothing. 

0 Likes