Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumours about Samsung A51/A51 5g getting Android 11 Beta

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 07:12 PM)
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I have read articles that state that apparently the Samsung Galaxy A51/A51 5g are going to be getting Android 11 Beta. 
1) Are these rumours true? 
2) Are there only certain devices that are getting it? Such as living in a specific country or having an unlocked phone? 

Thank you in advance for any help. Merry Christmas 🎄 and Stay Safe 🌈
I enclose the articles that I read with the informating about this. 

10 REPLIES 10
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
yes it is true but its only been opened for the Samsung a51 5g in South Korea at the moment
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, hopefully it will be opened up for the Uk too, I use Samsung A51 5g so if they open it up in the uk (where I am) that would be cool but it doesnt bother me too much if they dont because the official version will be more reliable. Thanks anyway 🤗
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I use the Samsung a51 4g version and in the uk the only thing about the beta it might be full of bugs our phones will get the stable version by march anyway so not long to wait but the way samsung is pushing updates it could be sooner fingers crossed 🤞
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
remember you can only join beta if your phone is unlocked. also remember beta is not really for the public but more for the developers id advise not to put the beta on your daily phone.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, for info. My phone is with ee so I wouldnt be able to join but to be honest I would rather wait for the official version to be released. I dont want it to cause any problems for my phone. Thanks anyway for info 😊
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
It's not rumours, it's true but 1. it's only for the a51 5g and Samsung Korea confirmed it won't expenand to other A series devices any time soon and 2. it will probably stay only in Korea
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the Samsung Galaxy A51 5g anyway so that is fine 😊 but I live in the uk, I dont mind tho if thr Uk doesnt get the Beta for A51 5g because Samsung just released the timetable for when eligable devices will get Android 11 and for A51 5g its March so Im happy 😊
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
yeah, I also have the a51 5g and saw that list. the S10 series already got 11 yet it says in February so it may come earlier
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I hope we do get it earlier if S10 series already have it 👍
0 Likes