Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Update / A40 FM Radio

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 07:11 PM)
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

I have just received a notification that an Android system update is available. This is update A405FN (which I believe is Android 10). The notification comes with a warning that installation of the update will disable the FM radio in my phone. This is completely and utterly UNNACEPTABLE as I use the FM radio regularly and rely on it when not in WiFi range so cannot use an IP radio.

Please tell me how I can reject the update so that it doesn't remain reminding me. I cannot seem to reject the update, only delay it.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The software update can be delayed upto 3 times by you and then can automatically update unfortunately.

Some say if you enable the developer mode by navigating to About Phone, then Software Information and tap 7 times on Build Number and then Developer Option will become available to tap on.

This has options to stop the update but I've never personally tried so cannot guarantee this will work.

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/is-there-a-way-to-stop-the-newest-software-update. 

How-to-block-automatic-updates, block-automatic-updates-in-android 

Please bear in mind Security updates however are important @TheBell 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the response. I have, in the interim, discovered that although my phone was purchased in the UK, that since it was through Amazon, the phone came with an Italian O/S loaded. This has been no problem up to now, but the apparently there is some Italian law (205/2017) whereby they have to disable the FM radio. Accordingly, my need thus changes from wanting to prevent the O/S updates, to wanting to change the phone so that it rather receives UK O/S updates (where assumedly the FM radio need not be disabled). SO: I will post a new message to ask if anyone knows how to tell the phone it is to load the UK O/S ??

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can't tell the phone to load up a certain software version @TheBell as it is governed by the csc in it, and is pushed out by the country of origin. 

You would have to effectively replace the current software with a Custom Rom.

More information is on xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer
Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.
A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

meghaj
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,

If you would like you can check my blogs too on Block Automatic updates in Android Block Automatic updates in Android Devices 

0 Likes
Deepak Yadav
First Poster
Options

It's understandable that you rely on the FM radio feature and are concerned about the potential loss of this functionality after the Android system update. While it's important to keep your device up to date for security and performance reasons, I can help guide you on how to delay or prevent the update notification from appearing again.

Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on your device's manufacturer and the version of Android you're currently using. However, here are some general steps you can follow:

1. Delay the Update:

• When you receive the update notification, you might be given the option to delay the update. If this option is available, you can choose to delay the update for a specified amount of time. This will prevent the update notification from appearing immediately.
  2. Turn Off Automatic Updates:

• Open the "Settings" app on your Android device.
    • Scroll down and select "System" or "Software Update," depending on your device's interface.
    • Look for an option related to "Automatic Updates" or "Download updates automatically."
    • Disable this option to prevent your device from automatically downloading and installing updates.
  3. Disable System Update Notifications:

• Open the "Settings" app on your Android device.
    • Scroll down and select "Apps" or "Application Manager."
    • Look for an app named "Software Update," "System Update," or something similar.
    • Tap on the app and you might see an option to "Force Stop" or "Disable." Note that disabling this app might prevent any system updates, including security updates, from being installed.
  4. Use Do Not Disturb Mode:

• You can enable "Do Not Disturb" mode on your device to suppress notifications, including the update notification. Keep in mind that this will also affect other notifications.
    • To enable Do Not Disturb mode, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification shade, and then tap the "Do Not Disturb" icon. You can customize the settings for Do Not Disturb in the Settings app.

You can also manage device updates or settings through a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution

0 Likes