Go to solution Solved

Removing apps from recent apps screen

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 09:34 AM)
Blastosister
Student
Options
Spoiler

Screenshot_20220107-082711_One UI Home.jpg

Hi, is there any way to remove apps from the bottom of the recent apps screen shown above? Brave seems to stay there constantly even though I have it set to hidden in an attempt to reduce usage.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Press the 3 dots select settings and turn off show recommended apps
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Those aren't recently used apps that are being shown, they are the usual buttons to run an app.
0 Likes
Blastosister
Student
Options

Brilliant. Thank you :smiling-face:

ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem glad it helped :smiling-face:
0 Likes
scotty82447
Navigator
Options
The 3 dots in the top corner then it will say settings press it then it says show recommended apps and trun it off and that's you
0 Likes
fastauntie
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I'm glad to stop seeing the recommended app icons, because most are ones I don't use at all ("recommendations"=advertising). But that doesn't allow recent app icons to display instead, which is what I'm looking for. Until the update I received today (Android 12, OneUI 4.1, I'm not entirely sure what was included because they never give details), pressing Recents button at lower right showed a row of recent app icons at bottom of the screen. Now I got this unchangeable set of recommended app icons instead. I hoped turning them off would bring back my recents but it doesn't--the space is just blank. I've learned that developers say they'll restore recent app icons in a future update, and that in the meantime you can configure an edge panel to show recent apps, which I hope others will find useful until they've reverted from this stupid change.

0 Likes
oathbound
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I am also glad to be rid of these "recommended" apps (which I would like to uninstall entirely).  But I want the recently closed apps back.  

0 Likes