Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update. A71

(Topic created on: 12-02-2023 06:03 AM)
MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
Is anybody else having the following issue since the latest update.

I've noticed my phone has started having issues since the update. 
1) Phone refused to charge so changed the charger twice still nothing.
2) Took device to a phone repair shop to get charging port cleaned, the guy said there was no problem.
3) Phone will now only charge to 85% just refuses to charge any higher no matter what charger I use and the battery life is shocking! I've ordered a new official charger to be safe. Before update phone was fine I could go a whole day with heavy use and only need to charge once now I'm doing it twice a day!
NOT a happy bunny.
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @MrsJ2 

I've had no issues since updating my model of phone.

Just as an initial step please try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too.  

There is also a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. I'll try that.
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
There is a new setting in the update that will give the choice to only charge battery to 85% to protect it you can turn that setting off and it will charge to a 100%
0 Likes
MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
Thanks how do I do that?
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
Go into settings then into battery and device care then click on battery then scroll to the bottom and click on more settings then the last tab should protect battery toggle that to off hope that helped.
MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
Thanks I found it.
0 Likes
MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
I've done a diagnostic and only fail is a USB check as I don't have a cable to check. Have turned off the 85% battery limit also. Fingers crossed this helps matters.
0 Likes
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
Should of just got the A52s 5G mine no problems and due a upgrade in a few mouths but want to keep it as a back up
0 Likes
MrsJ2
Journeyman
Options
??? No, didnt like it. Plus I was limited in what I could afford plan wise at the time. I was due an upgrade last yr but I don't change my phone every yr unless I have a major problem, im more like every 6.