Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my A51

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 02:03 PM)
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

If i plug my phone in any wall outlet with multitude of chargers and cables, my phone say it is charging but all it does is keeping the batery from depleeting, never charge a singe 1%. It does not mather if i'm using it heavily or if its turned of, as long as its connected to a wall outlet, the batery charge stay forever the same. Problem is that the second i plug it of it start understandably depleting again. Here is the tricky part - if i use any of those cables i use with my chargers and plug it to my pc, it will charge like nothing hapens, altho the ability to choose data transfer or image transfer (i dont realy care that much for those) are not available, at least it charge my device. I dont understand the reason, i recently updated few of my core apps from Samsung directly prior to this problem, so i suspect it is software problem. I have seen people with this problem on this forum with the exact same issue, but they never got an answer. So i decided to create a new post, so maybe Samsung will finaly look at it. Pleas help me, i dont want to go trough unnecesary reclamation, since its clearly a software issue and could be resolved without it.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you take your phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can take a look at it for you @Nefru 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nefru: If you're able to charge as normal by connecting to a home computer with a USB cable then this suggests that there is an issue with the plug adapter, or the sockets you're connecting to. Are you using the original plug adapter that came packaged with the phone, and have you tried plugging other devices into the same outlets to ensure that they're not the source of the issue? As a troubleshooting step, please try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings > Fast Charging > Toggle this off, then connect to your charger via plug adapter once again. Are you able to establish a charge with Fast Charging turned off? 

0 Likes
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

It is not problem with the plug adapter, since i iused multitude of adapters, that worked before on this phone and now continue to work on other devices. The original plug adapter is no longer working (it is broken), but that does not answer the question why all other adapters stopped working at once, when they worked normaly before. I already used the fast charging toggle on/off and i also tried to check/uncheck all of the option in the menu of automatic USB actions in developer mode. Nothing seem to work, that is why I am here. And yes i used many power outlets  and yes other devices are charging just fine from those... I will repeat, what my suspition is - it is some software issue, since pc will charge the phone normaly, yet power outlaet just keep the batery from depleting but not charging, regardles of if the phone is in full usage or if it is turned off. All of these informations sugest to me, that there is some software issue that is preventing the phone from charging.

0 Likes
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

I tried to charge my phone right now, just so i know if the problem persists. It would apear that im now able to charge from the power outlet. I have no idea how, maybe there was some update... Anyway, the phone is charging OK again.

0 Likes