Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem with inability to rotate screen on A51

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 11:06 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

My Galaxy A51 is working fine when I'm viewing its screen in the normal portrait viewing position. However, sometimes I want to turn the phone 90º and view the screen in landscape mode. With other (non Samsung) phones I have an option to switch the screen around and change between portrait & landscape. I can't seem to find a similar setting on the A51.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @WobSleptHere , sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

It seems that this function is called Portrait on some phone models, can you try this and let me know if that works?

1. Swipe down on the Status bar (at the top) twice to expand the quick settings menu. The image below is an example.
  2. Tap 'Auto rotate' or 'Portrait'.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Go to settings scroll down to home screen options and then find auto rotate it is turned off by default you can turn it on to allow your phone to do landscape modeScreenshot_20210814-163558_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210814-163628_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210814-163613_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I'm going to put a solution up for you you and I'm assuming I've understood your issue correctly and this is my solution to that if I've somehow misunderstood your problem please let me know
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Pull your notification bar down from the top auto-rotate and if you press and hold that icon it will give you more optionsScreenshot_20210720-020910_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Like that have I understood you correctly with your issueScreenshot_20210720-020851_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20210720-020857_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Your pic show the device in portrait mode which is the default, but what I am trying to do is to view the screen in landscape mode. My question is what do I have to do do view the screen in landscape (rotated) mode?

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

In lanscape mode the display looks like this:

landscape.gif

so what is the setting to enable me to view the screen in landscape mode with the text the correct way up for viewing? Other (non-Samsung) phones I have provide a setting called Auto-rotate screen which enables me to work in landscape mode but I cannot find a similar setting for my Galaxy A51.

0 Likes
bager374
First Poster
Options

I am exactly facing the similar type of issue and looking for a valid guide that can help  me to solve the issue please show me the right way.

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

@bager374 wrote:

I am exactly facing the similar type of issue and looking for a valid guide that can help me to solve the issue please show me the right way.

Yes, I've had non-Samsung Android devices for many years and never experienced this problem. As a matter of interest I also have a Galaxy S6 Tab LTE which has a similar problem. Being a tablet, by default the display runs in landscape mode. In this case I cannot switch it into portrait and, like my A51, I cannot locate an Auto-rotate screen (or similar) setting to switch the display between portrait & landscape. All my other non-Samsung devices have always had this ability.

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

No reply. Can no one help solve this problem?

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @WobSleptHere , sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

It seems that this function is called Portrait on some phone models, can you try this and let me know if that works?

1. Swipe down on the Status bar (at the top) twice to expand the quick settings menu. The image below is an example.
  2. Tap 'Auto rotate' or 'Portrait'.
0 Likes