Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem with inability to rotate screen on A51

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 11:06 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

My Galaxy A51 is working fine when I'm viewing its screen in the normal portrait viewing position. However, sometimes I want to turn the phone 90º and view the screen in landscape mode. With other (non Samsung) phones I have an option to switch the screen around and change between portrait & landscape. I can't seem to find a similar setting on the A51.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

@TessM wrote:

It seems that this function is called Portrait on some phone models, can you try this and let me know if that works?

1. Swipe down on the Status bar (at the top) twice to expand the quick settings menu. The image below is an example.
  2. Tap 'Auto rotate' or 'Portrait'.

Apologies for the delay in replying but it seems I failed to pick up notification of your reply.

Yes, you're right, I've now found the portrait setting and changed it to auto-rotate.  I've done this on both my A51 phone and Galaxy tablet and I'm pleased to say it appears to have solved the problem. I'll keep checking it out for the next few days but meanwhile I'll accept it as solution. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Sorry obviously I misunderstood your issue I think I might have something that will help you here I will add two screenshots one in portrait and one in landscape and presuming you want the method on how to go landscape modeScreenshot_20210814-163224_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210814-163231_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Go to settings scroll down to home screen options and then find auto rotate it is turned off by default you can turn it on to allow your phone to do landscape modeScreenshot_20210814-163558_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210814-163628_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210814-163613_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I reported the identical problem with my Galaxy Tab 6. Indeed your answer works for both my A51 as well as Tab 6. What irritates me is that I have used many other non-Samsung Android devices. On all those other devices the solution is found under:

Settings -> Display where the auto- rotate setup facility is located for all other Android device manufacturers that I've used.

It's taken me weeks to discover that Samsung seem to insist on doing it differently from everyone else. Why is Samsung being awkward?

0 Likes