Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem wired Earphones...A34 5G

(Topic created on: 09-07-2023 05:35 PM)
Karateiceman
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, anyone have problems with wired earphones on the A34 mobile...can't seem to get any to work...tried 3 different earphones and 3 different 3.5mm jack to C connectors... we have two brand new phones and neither work with earphones....the phones beep when you plug the earphones in but doesnt switch the music ...tried Samsung chat and tried a few things....but nothing...could the earphones not be compatible even though two were Samsung earphones...
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It could be the 3.5mm Jack adapters. It may need one with a dac built in to be compatible.
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I don't have the A34 but the A54 and previous to that A53. My 3.5 mm to usb c adapter works with both devices ok with various wired headsets. It was just a cheap one I ordered off eBay for a couple £.
0 Likes
Karateiceman
Apprentice
Options
The earphones and connectors work on my other phone a Huawei p20
Karateiceman
Apprentice
Options
What's a dac?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That's most likely because the Huawei p20 has the dac chip built in. The Samsung device does not, which is why you need a 3.5mm jack adapter with one built in. I found out myself when I purchased my note 10+. My Huawei adapter was not supported. Samsung sell them, which is the one I use myself. Or you can purchase elsewhere. Just make sure it does have the dac built in.
John Veness
Journeyman
Options

@Badger42 Can you link to the adapter you use successfully on the A54? I've had trouble with my JSAUX-branded one.

0 Likes
Dhiyaakarthik
First Poster
Options
Hey my earphones ate brand new, I just got them yesterday
The sound in not playing from the earphones instead it's playing from the speaker. I have tried many times but it's not working
0 Likes
jillybean72
First Poster
Options
I can no longer listen to stuff when I wake up in middle of night as have terrible interference in earphones. There is a dac installed too. Really,really annoying. Have done all software updates etc. Friend bought me phone as I am.broke..can't afford to keep buying more headphones to test out...plus works perfectly well on my friend's phone. Help! Don't want to have to ask my friend to send phone back
0 Likes