Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number not appearing in contacts

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 01:32 PM)
martingoose
First Poster
Options
I have just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A12 from Tesco Mobile using a Tesco mobile SIM.  I have ported my old Vodafone number from an old phone to the new phone. Incoming calls and texts to the ported number are being received correctly and texts that I send are seen to be coming from the ported number.
My issue is that in the contacts list on the phone it still shows the old number for ‘This Phone’. Should it not show the ported number? Do I have to do anything to change it? I had assumed that Tesco Mobile would update their SIM over the air.
Can anyone help?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@martingoose: If your calls and texts are working as expected then the number seems to have ported over successfully. Are you able to select the 'This Phone' section of Contacts to edit the number? Furthermore, if you head to Settings > About Phone, what phone number is showing at the top of the screen above your device details? 

0 Likes
martingoose
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying

1. Are you able to select the 'This Phone' section of Contacts to edit the number? No, it is not editable nor can it be deleted. Another number can be added but it does not replace the wrong one.

2. if you head to Settings > About Phone, what phone number is showing at the top of the screen above your device details? Same wrong number. Again not editable.

Thanks for your suggestions,

0 Likes
martingoose
First Poster
Options
It would seem to me that the fact that the old number is being reported in Settings > About Phone, that this indicates that the old number is still in the SIM and the phone is just reporting what it finds there.

The solution may be to ask Tesco Mobile to replace the SIM. Presumably they can do this without another number change as people with lost or stolen phones will need to do this.

Anyone have experience of having to replace a SIM?
0 Likes