Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos disappeared after restart

(Topic created on: 26-08-2023 05:10 PM)
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
I recently changed SD card for bigger capacity. I transferred everything from the old card onto the new and checked all was OK. I turned the phone off and on turning on again most of my pictures in Gallery are now missing. I've tried several ways to transfer pics including via my laptop but the same thing keeps happening! I put the original SD card back and they're missing from that now.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Have you tried checking the My Files app images recycle bin to see if any images are there
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Gallery takes a while to see the imported photos. Put SD card in phone, reboot and wait a few minutes. You should immediately find the photos in the phot app, though.
0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
Nothing there. The files show up if I plug both SD cards in turn into my pc but as soon as the cards go back in the phone they're not there!
0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
I'll try.
0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
Nothing in Gallery. Where is the photo app?
0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
Pugs1957. If you mean Google photo app, they're still not all there. Around 1000 images missing.
0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
They go missing from My Files too. Very weird! I'll try formatting the new sd card and go from there. Still have all files on my pc.
PaulM1
Options

That's very strange, @Corringhamlad. Just so I'm clear on how this issue is presenting itself, are you able to see the same photos when plugging your SD card/phone containing the card into your laptop?

0 Likes
Corringhamlad
Journeyman
Options
Yes,that's the weird thing. Actually I've just put the old card back into the phone and can see all the photos on Google Phone app. Haven't checked Gallery yet. Just transferring everything onto new card from pc so hopefully will be OK. Watch this space!
0 Likes