Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone using data every hour

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 09:14 PM)
MrsC1
First Poster
Options

Advice please.My samsung a12 is using data on the hour every hour from the minute I switch it on.I’ve turned off all background refresh and data saver is on.This has only started happening recently just this month.I’ve always had my data on as I rarely use the internet and rely on WhatsApp for work purposes but this month it has zapped nearly all my data and when I checked my usage online it said internet usage every hour (exact same minute past every hour) from the minute I switched it on in the morning.Any advice welcome 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What app is using the data?
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
What does the device care say ?? Battery usage
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @MrsC1. Just to add to what has been suggested and asked already, have you had a chance to look at and follow the steps in the article below?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-check-data-usage-on-my-samsung-galaxy-dev...

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this.

0 Likes
MrsC1
First Poster
Options

It looked like TikTok was running in background so I deleted the app but today it’s taken data again every hour.

0 Likes
MrsC1
First Poster
Options

I’ve done all that and the only thing that was running in background and had used a lot data I removed the app last night but today again my usage showed internet use every hour after switching on this morning 

0 Likes
MrsC1
First Poster
Options

Battery usage? I’m actually a fossil with technology so will Google tell me how to do that? I’ve tried everything Google advised and thought I’d cracked it till it took data again today every hour after I switched it on 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MrsC1: If you head to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Data saver, and toggle this on, this will prevent apps from using data in the background. Once this has been enabled, tap on 'Allowed to use data while Data saver is on' and select the apps you use frequently, such as WhatsApp. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
MrsC1
First Poster
Options

Although the phone doesn’t now seem to be using data like it was it is still saying I’m using internet every hour after I switch it on even whilst I’m home connected to Wi-Fi 7B84BF6C-439B-47DF-BC84-B6AC85328516.jpeg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This looks to me to be possibly background updating of apps and services, and possible updating of location based apps @MrsC1 with them being small amounts of data.

Unfortunately your network will only be able to show how much is being used but not what's using it.

As mentioned typically the phone's in-built data monitor can show some information to what's using some of your data.

You can go into each apps permissions via Settings > Apps > Choose the App > Then change it's permissions.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes