Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Ringer

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 09:49 AM)
Stewbidoo
Student
Options
Does anyone have advice on how to reinstate the phone ringer on my Galaxy A40. Even when it's not in silent mode, it will not ring when a call comes in and only vibrates. Tried a 'Reset Settings' but this hasn't worked. Will I have to do a full 'Factory Data Reset' to fix it?  TIA.
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options

Hi @Stewbidoo 

Hope you're doing well. Can you please give more information on what you're experiencing with the phone ringer? Does your phone ring or vibrate when someone tries calling you? Let's check to see if the sound  settings are applied. You can do this by going into Settings > Sounds and vibration > Check these settings to ensure they're set correctly. 

0 Likes
Stewbidoo
Student
Options
Unfortunately it doesn't ring at all when someone calls me, but it does vibrate. I have been through all the settings and everything is set correctly as far as I can see. I have also turned the phone off then on again, but to no avail. I did a 'Reset Settings' but this hasn't worked either. I also let the battery completely deplete before fully charging it, but nothing has worked. I am hoping that I don't have to do a full 'Factory Data Reset' as this would be a real pain.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

We're sorry to hear that. @Stewbidoo. It does sound like a factory reset mY be required as this will start the phone from scratch, and can potentially resolve this. You can backup the data before you give this a go. If you still experience issues, an inspection will be required to determine what actions to take to get this sorted. If this is the case, you can arrange this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/pick-up-service/  

0 Likes