Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partition Cahe.

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 09:13 PM)
Nafe
Explorer
Options
I'm having trouble getting the recovery screen up to clear the Partition Cahe. I've done this several times before without fail, and now it doesn't work at all. I've tried 3 separate usb cable's, all that happens after pressing the power+volume down button combo is it goes back to the battery percentage dial. Same combo except with volume up also does nothing... Any suggestions ?

Galaxy A21s 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

Is the cable connected to a laptop or to a PC?

Steps:

1. Connect connect your phone to a pc/laptop or to usb c headphones.

2. Turn off the device.

3.  Press and hold Volume Up + side key (power) simultaneously until your device vibrates and the Samsung logo appears.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping cache partition fixes some of the bugs and improve performance by removing unwanted cache files.

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .

Then press Side Key to Confirm by selecting "Yes" and then press Side Key

You get "cache wipe complete" at the
bottom of the screen
Restart the phone to complete the
process
Nafe
Explorer
Options
Look I'm not being rude, but I know how to do it and it's not working, so there's no point tell me what to do when I already know.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried a different usb port on the pc, in case that is the issue if you have tried 3 cables?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Not being rude myself, but you clearly stated your pressing volume down. As @Glenntech @Neo001 has mentioned its volume up with power key. I've done the same mistake myself thinking it's the phone, but was me holding in the wrong volume button.
Nafe
Explorer
Options
Apologies for my attitude last night, one thing after another yesterday.

On my model.. A21s it's IS volume down + power, every other model is volume up+power. The reason I know that is, because when I first needed to do thia, volume up + power didn't work, all that does is just is just restart the phone. It was only after trawling the internet for ages, I found out it was actually volume down for this model phone, and as soon as I did that, it worked immediately, and did do every single time after that until now.

I did a factory reset this morning in the hope that would fix whatever's wrong, but it hasn't, it still just goes back to the battery percentage dial.

Yes it's connected to my laptop.
Have tried 3 different cable's.
3 USB ports.

Same result every time.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Thank you for posting these instructions. I've previously been on the Internet searching for instructions on how to do it right after connecting to a laptop/PC.
I followed your procedure to the letter and was gobsmacked it worked.
I've thankfully not had any problems with my A53 5G. Although I wanted to wipe the cache partition as a general phone health action. Especially after the big Android 13 update.
Thanks again for your precise instructions 👍🏻 🙂
0 Likes