Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 02:59 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

185 REPLIES 185
Akram3
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem here

It started yesterday when the phone stoped charging. I tried to change the charger but it didn't go back to normal then i cleaned the port, same problem.

I didn't touch it after that and when i woke up in the morning and tried to plug the usb cable again, it started charging normally. However m still getting the silent notification and the phine won't go black screen

0 Likes
Charlottepuds
First Poster
Options

This worked for me thank you!!!
To get Developer Options:
Setting -> About Phone -> Software Information -> Press Build Number 7 - 11 time until it tell you you're developer -> got back to setting home page -> search "developer Options" 
This is how I did it on my A71 sorry if it's different for other phones

alwaysNICE
First Poster
Options

Recently, happened to my father's old phone (samsung A50). How I resolved the problem was just through turning off the phone and waited for a few minutes. Then, turned it on. Looked at the notification panel, it vanished.

0 Likes
Udhaymeen
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I am using Samsung m30 s and it started 2 days back. I did usb debugging, multiple times I restarted the phone. I cleaned the port with sprayer. Still I am facing the problem of usb connector connected notification, no dark mode, battery drains very fast. 

Any other solutions???? 

Pls help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I don't know if you ever sorted the problem,  but I used an air compressor / duster and restarted the phone.  It worked for me. Obviously dirt / moisture on the socket. 

0 Likes
SAQIB Ali
First Poster
Options

I have an issue with my Glaxy A30s that mobile original chargers are not connecting with mobile while other working on mobile and original charger of the mobile working on the other phone perfectly.

Same notification coming silently usb connected and disconnected 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SAQIB Ali: Are you using the original plug adapter and cable that came packaged with the phone? If you head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and run through the on screen instructions, does this return any errors? As a troubleshooting step, please head to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines to the right of 'Your Apps' > Show System Apps > OK > USBSettings > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data, does this help at all? 

0 Likes
Angela 2
First Poster
Options

I started having this problem (among others right after I updated my phone). I wonder if that had anything to do with it. 

Jackie905g
First Poster
Options
Having the same issue all day today constant connecting disconnecting and I've definitely not got moisture in the phone.. my port is clear. I've an a90 5g it's 1 Yr old.

Please if anyone could shed light. I'd be very grateful 🙏
0 Likes
ColeFire
Apprentice
Options

Good luck finding any support from Samsung, they've ignored 554 replies on the other similar thread. I spent the past 2 hours reading all 554 replies and there is NO consistency between the solutions. Even after hardware replacement, it seems it can return. 

However, I can offer one potential workaround:

There's an app called "Black Screen - Play videos with screen off" that reliably turns the screen to black. Image here

It creates a pop-up padlock icon on your home screen for convenience, and presents an "Unlock" button when you tap the black screen. Samsung is ignoring us so this is the best I can offer. The notifications will still flicker in the top, but you can opt to hide them completely or merely show the count (less distracting).

Please let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes