Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 05:53 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

184 REPLIES 184
ColeFire
Apprentice
Options

Hi Jackie, good luck finding any support from Samsung, they've ignored 554 replies on the other similar thread. I spent the past 2 hours reading all 554 replies and there is NO consistency between the solutions. Even after hardware replacement, it seems it can return. 

However, I can offer one potential workaround:

There's an app called "Black Screen - Play videos with screen off" that reliably turns the screen to black. Image here

It creates a pop-up padlock icon on your home screen for convenience, and presents an "Unlock" button when you tap the black screen. Samsung is ignoring us so this is the best I can offer. The notifications will still flicker in the top, but you can opt to hide them completely or merely show the count (less distracting).

Please let me know if it works for you.

ColeFire
Apprentice
Options

Another possible solution: When the notification keeps showing connected/disconnected from the top slide-down panel, you should swipe RIGHT on this notification, and delays it's reappearance for 2 hours.

I then did the *#0808# code in the dial app, and selected the second bottom one. Then Reboot.

It wasn't until I rebooted that the screen went off, even though delaying the notification for 2 hours made the top icons stop flickering. My phone (A70) now behaves normally after it not working for the past 2 days. It worked 3 days ago though. Very inconsistent. 

_FisherKE
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but after 3 months of perseverance the problem went away but now it's back

0 Likes
pausita
First Poster
Options

Hi, what the second bottom is? the AP option? DM + ACM +ADB option?

0 Likes
Cyril Cyrax
First Poster
Options

there is a hack to allow the phone sleep. but the trade off is that the notification icon will stay active throughout.

first, go to android system settings , then on the USB CONNECTION tab hold it until you get to the settings then change notification from "Silent and minimised" to just "silent" this will add another set of settings whereby you can now set it to Dont show notifications on the lockscreen.

this will help the phone sleep peacefully, lol. the trade off is that when you wake the phone the usb icon will not be minimised. 

a small price to pay for salvation😂

0 Likes
iamrobomaster
Apprentice
Options

Hi Ali,

Did this issue resolved?

If yes then how?

I am facing the same issue. And when i actually connect USB with PC it does not connect.

Really annoying.

0 Likes
iamrobomaster
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

Any luck solving it?

I am facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Muhamadkadri
First Poster
Options

This video works https://youtu.be/-XhJ3gY8P0k

GalaxyA70 USB Error
Journeyman
Options

Hi there Ali, I am facing the same problem. Annoying matter is; it drains my battery to almost 20% in just 3 hours time even when keeping the Data off. Cleaning the USB-C port doesn't fix the issue.

There is No Way this problem gonna be solved with any cleaning, or OS Updating, or anything that's mentioned here by each one of us. I am now deeply sure of it to be Samsung's + Android's Updating behind this unresolving issue.

I first noticed this, when I was trying to connect my Sandisc USB-C Pendrive in the last week of July 2021.

I had began charging my A70 mostly with Anker Power Bank 20100mAh since March 2021.

I noticed one solution mentioned in a post realted to this same issue, Temporarily worked (charging with the original charger in FastCharging mode) but not for more than 2 days and it was back to the same Notification that also didn't allow to connect any USB Device.

This Issue is now getting into my nerves. We all need to write to Samsung to resolve this issue ASAP (befor our phone battery gets destroyed; or may be that's what Samsung wants).

Roshandb
Apprentice
Options

Dont charge your samsung phn with power bank

U wont blv i did the same and later in 2 ,3 days it started to behave like this

Well my problem solved n phn is working fine...

I nvr used any power bank after that day...

0 Likes