Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 03:59 AM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

181 REPLIES 181
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Ali

Your USB on on your device is assuming that a connection has been made. you may need to clean out your USB port with a thin brush.

Check what colour the gold pins are on the port. if they are green then water has been in contact and has errorded.
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

they are gold and i did clean port.

asif9t9
Student
Options

Any luck fixing this?  I am suddenly getting it on my Note 9.  Phone won't sleep.

Lucas Fernández R
Journeyman
Options

Hi there! I'm having the same problem as you. It started yesterday!

Furthermore, that "USB connected/Disconnected" notification does not allow my A51 to remain in "black screen" after having locked it with the right side button. It can only goes black when the charger is connected to it.

What is strange is the fact that some days ago, my A51 started having some troubles with the audio and the speakers. I discovered that it was caused by the frontal sensor, who seemed to be very sensitive every time (he was being activated even if there wasn't anything near). This issue disactivated the sound whie listening a Whats App audio for example or  listening music on Spotify.

Now that issue is gone, and this new problem with the USB connected/disconnected notification started.

So weird.

Thanks in advance if someone who can help us!

AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

I noticed I started getting this after using OTG. Not sure if related. Have you used OTG recently before getting this? There is no solution. SamSung has abandoned us. Not only A51 is having this but also other models. I will not go back to Samsung again, that's for sure.

Lucas Fernández R
Journeyman
Options

No, I've never used OTG really. It started out from nowhere. So Sad...my phone has only  1 year. I bought it last year in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I'm from. 

Did you already contact Samsung technical support ?

AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

I did not contact Samsung as they will tell me the port has moisture and they will blame me. I know this kind of game they play. I did every troubleshooting step and applied solutions but in vain.

Each time I finish charging, I have to switch off the phone and restart back for it to disappear. Is it disappearing the notification when you switch off and restart?

Lucas Fernández R
Journeyman
Options

I see...I might try contacting them.

Answering to your question, I think that doesn't happen in my case. It only stops when I connect the usb cable to the charger o to the PC...

Carrotman
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue as you. 

The USB connected/disconnected thing started about a week and a half ago, and now in the last few days I’ve also had the same screen not going black unless charging or completely off too, it’s the biggest problem because it’s been draining battery an immense amount (even after I changed my lock screen from a moving one to just an ordinary pic to save battery).

I’ve tried all me and my mate, who works in IT, can think of– cleaning the port, clearing the cache, even tried just turning the notification off (which you can’t do). All he has said now is I might need to hard reset it but I don’t want to go through all of the process for that, especially if it turns out to not make a difference. So please and thank you to whoever knows a way to actually solve these issues. I’m just glad I found out it’s not only me having this happen, as there’s more chance someone else knows how to fix it.

I just want my phone and battery life to be good again! I only bought it in October, and spent the most I ever have on a phone, which was working fantastic and very worth it, all of last year!