Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet when I lock my phone

(Topic created on: 29-07-2019 04:39 PM)
DDr23
Student
Options

I have galaxy a8 (2018), whenever I lock my phone, after some time suddenly internet is not working.

I dont get notifications from chat apps etc. and also for example if Im logged in with WhatsApp web, some time after locking my phone, I get no connection error on whatsapp web, when I unlock my phone suddenly i get all the notifications and it recconects to whatsapp.

I know for sure its not just with whatsapp, I dont get any notification from an internet depanded app when the phone is locked.

I checked and data saver is off, notifications are allowed, background activity is allowed, background data usage is allowed, Put app to sleep option disabled in device care, of course do not disturb disabled.

It is also not depanded on WiFi/Mobile data, I mean it happnes on both.

Any ideas??? 

It gets me crazy!!

Model - SM-A530F

Android version 9

One UI version 1

It is up to date.

29 REPLIES 29
Alireza MS
Journeyman
Options

I mentioned the solution above.

0 Likes
Stephers1976
Apprentice
Options
@chiragmittal @alireza MS this hasn't worked for:( I literally with to bin this phone!!
0 Likes
Stephers1976
Apprentice
Options
This hasn't worked for me 😞
0 Likes
Alireza MS
Journeyman
Options

Are you sure you did it correctly? If you have the same model with me (A52) it must work.

Check the steps again, make sure to toggle off the battery optimization swicth for your messenger and VPN apps.

0 Likes
Stephers1976
Apprentice
Options
I have s20 fe.. I've followed your instructions and defo switched off optimising. In that same section, the Allow background activity is greyed out.. argh
0 Likes
Stephers1976
Apprentice
Options
Doh we have different phones but ty for your help so far x
Exter-dg
Student
Options

I have A52 but can't find these two -

4. Tap on Optimize battery usage.

5. At the top of this page, there is a menu which is set to "Apps not optimized". Tap on that and select "All".

going into battery shows three options - unrestricted optimised restricted,

i use whatsapp web and the wifi disconnects after some time of locking the screen. I again have to turn on the screen to use it.

0 Likes
Alireza MS
Journeyman
Options

Hi, sorry for latancy.

Here I posted some screenshots, just follow them:

1. Go to App Info page (Any app that has connetcion problem)

Screenshot_20220223-221032_Settings.jpg

2. Tap on "Optimize battery usage"

Screenshot_20220223-221045_Settings.jpg

3. Open the drawer menu and choose "All". Then turn off the toggle for that app (and any other app which has connection problem when screen is off, such as messengers, VPNs and etc.

Screenshot_20220223-221110_Settings.jpg

This method worked for me, I hope it to helpfull.

0 Likes
Psythik
Apprentice
Options

This DOES NOT WORK! I'm tired of googling this problem and finding nothing but the same crappy answer all across the web!

It's NOT a metered/unmetered connection thing!

Data Saver is off! Adaptive Battery is off! EVERY single power saving option this phone has is OFF for EVERY app! Battery optimization has NOTHING to do with the problem!

It does not matter if I'm on WiFi or Data; it does not matter what app I'm using, nor does it matter if the app is set to optimize battery use or unrestricted. Apps are not closing, they're losing internet. Again, battery optimization has nothing to do with it!

No matter what setting I change on my phone, every and ALL apps lose connection to BOTH wifi AND data when the screen locks. The connection comes back instantly the moment I unlock the phone, then cuts out again a few minutes after it relocks.

It's driving me INSANE and I just want an actual solution!!! If one more person mentions battery optimization, I'm going to scream!!!!! The phone worked PERFECTLY for two years; why am I suddenly having problems now?

PLEASE, I just want a fix before I throw my $1800 Fold in the trash! Help!

Edit:   And before someone tries to suggest it, YES I cleared my cache partition (as if that would have done anything anyway...)

I even tried the "reset network settings" option to no avail; NOTHING works and I'm running of patience. I'm missing important texts and notifications because of this bug!

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

As you have carried out some extensive troubleshooting for this app disconnection issue, yet the problem still remains,  we would recommend submitting an error report for this. That way, our Research and Development team can analyse the coding in further detail and get this fixed one way or another!

First, recreate the lock screen disconnection issue with a couple of apps, back to back. Then, within 10 minutes, head to Samsung Members > Support > Error reports > Write a full description of the behaviour and patterns, including the steps you have tried to date and which apps you have recreated the problem with > Down at the bottom, select Attach System Log Data > Send > Set the phone to one side while the logs compile for sending. 

0 Likes