Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet when I lock my phone

(Topic created on: 29-07-2019 04:39 PM)
DDr23
Student
Options

I have galaxy a8 (2018), whenever I lock my phone, after some time suddenly internet is not working.

I dont get notifications from chat apps etc. and also for example if Im logged in with WhatsApp web, some time after locking my phone, I get no connection error on whatsapp web, when I unlock my phone suddenly i get all the notifications and it recconects to whatsapp.

I know for sure its not just with whatsapp, I dont get any notification from an internet depanded app when the phone is locked.

I checked and data saver is off, notifications are allowed, background activity is allowed, background data usage is allowed, Put app to sleep option disabled in device care, of course do not disturb disabled.

It is also not depanded on WiFi/Mobile data, I mean it happnes on both.

Any ideas??? 

It gets me crazy!!

Model - SM-A530F

Android version 9

One UI version 1

It is up to date.

29 REPLIES 29
grousetrap
First Poster
Options

This just started happening to me and it wasn't an issue until I restarted my phone. I don't see any of those options and using the unemetered network option didn't fix it either, any other suggestions?

0 Likes
oorobak
First Poster
Options

I changed it as unmetered but it change nothing. It still disconnect after lock screen

0 Likes
Mihai2Tone
Apprentice
Options

Try to see if your wifi security has WPA3, if yes, switch it to WPA2. For me this fixed the constant disconnects while in lockscreen

0 Likes
RKAS
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new S20 FE 5G and it has the same problem. if the screen is turned off, there is no internet connection. Changing it to unmetered does not work.

0 Likes
Alireza MS
Journeyman
Options

Hi, last week I bought a Galaxy A52 (Android 11) and I have the same problem. I use whatsapp web on my laptop. When my phone screen turns off, whatsaap loses connection after some minutes. So I need to double tap on my phone screen each 2 or 3 minutes to prevent wifi to going sleep, that's really boring! Also the online notifications will appear just after unlocking phone (the connection get refreshed when screen turns on). Please if anyone know the solution, reply this topic.

chiragmittal19
Apprentice
Options

Hey! That is exactly the problem I'm facing and same device too. A real struggle!! Please help if you found a fix.

0 Likes
Alireza MS
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I finally found the soloution. I mention it step by step:

1. Open device settings, then go to Apps.

2. In this list, tap on the app which you have problem with it's background connection. (Like whatsapp)

3. In App Info page, tap on Battery.

4. Tap on Optimize battery usage.

5. At the top of this page, there is a menu which is set to "Apps not optimized". Tap on that and select "All".

6. Now you can see all your applications. Look for messengers and social media apps like Whatsapp, Telegram, Instagram and etc. Then switch off the toggle  for them. If you use a VPN, do this for the VPN app too.

Now the problem is solved and all that apps have full access to network, even if you lock the phone screen.

chiragmittal19
Apprentice
Options

That worked for me. Thanks! 🎉

Stephers76
First Poster
Options

I've just bought one and mines doing the same.. dud you get this fixed.. help!!

0 Likes