Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung A34 5G making high pitch noise on main camera

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 07:03 PM)
BEON22
First Poster
Options
Hi, 

My sister bought a new Samsung A34 5G phone and on the camera app using the main camera, there is a continuous high pitch ringing noise, tried restarting, updating, factory reset etc and it is still there. Anyone know why this could be the case? 

Thank you. 
18 REPLIES 18
Members_RyAlzTS
First Poster
Options

As of January 13 2024 . the High Pitch Ring Tone on the aktivated Camera is still an huge issue.
i can confirm that the x0.5 is the only Camera Mode where the issue does not exists.

Considering getting a Warranty issued, but a replacmentphone will most likely have the same issue.
Please Samsung fix this!

0 Likes
Ibrahim ganaw
Apprentice
Options

Yup.

0 Likes
Ibrahim ganaw
Apprentice
Options

It comes from the lens itself.

0 Likes
SKirkman
First Poster
Options

I don't think it's the lens itself, because if you video record in e.g. whatsapp or facebook at 1x or higher the sound does not occur. The sound only occurs when opening up the camera app that comes with the phone.

0 Likes
Ibrahim ganaw
Apprentice
Options

I think it's the ois, download open camera from play store.

0 Likes
SKirkman
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I've got "Camera" installed and works fine. I've just installed Open Camera as per your suggestion and also works perfectly fine. So both these other apps work perfectly fine at 1x and higher. The A34 camera app only works fine at less than 1x and the ringing sound starts from 1x and higher. It must be the software associated with the A34 app, because otherwise why would the other two apps work perfectly fine.

0 Likes
Ibrahim ganaw
Apprentice
Options

the sound comes from the main lens only, so i think the sound comes from the optical image stabilization.

0 Likes
Maduml
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Im facing the same issue.boughtbabout month ago.Havent found any solution yet.Tried gcam app as alternative but won't work because a34 doesn't support camera2 api.Is your device made in Vietnam?mine is made in Malaysia.Wonder if that is the reason.

0 Likes
Kat_13
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Phone is new (2 months). No contact with water. Headphones were plugged in when it appeared, so shouldn't be because of recent changes or water there.. 

It's true, only not on main cam in 0.5. Video camera grabbing the sound in higher volume. I'll try restart. Hope it helps. If not I have to download another cam app?

0 Likes