Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
ChannieSan
Journeyman
Options
Any ideas why I can't play videos from my camera roll or gallery? I've gone into settings and cleared cache on both but still nothing! Then when I've looked into manage your apps, it states that galley is longer compatible with my device, but it's what Samsung preloaded onto my phone 🤷🏻‍♀️
8 REPLIES 8
Jess_88_s23
Journeyman
Options
They removed gallery in the galaxy s21 model also due to samsung joining forces with Microsoft one drive, it means one drive takes over your whole gallery instead. I didn't like that due to the drive changing around order of every photo on my device and deleting others I'd never agreed to, I chose to have Google one storage for 7.99 and upload to there and ya can see them through that instead of gallery. For me personally, I'd say it's safer this way especially if you have photos that are irreplaceable to you, like I own. They have different options with google one membership. I needed a bigger one and I chose 200g for the price I mentioned above. Unfortunately it's the only way I "solved" the issue with gallery. Hope this helps a little.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should be able to play video in gallery.

Try downloading Samsung video player from the Samsung store.
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Have you checked if there's any updates for the gallery app in playstore or Galaxy store? Another thing to consider is are the videos saved in the phone storage or in the cloud?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
The video player is no longer available to download from the Galaxy Store as it's no longer supported by Samsung. You can still play your videos from the My Files app that's pre installed on your device.
ChannieSan
Journeyman
Options
For some reason, it is working fine today 🤷🏻‍♀️ but good to know, thanks for the reply 😊
0 Likes
ChannieSan
Journeyman
Options
It says its up to date, and the videos and pics are saved to the phone as my SD card seems to be corrupted too but they are backed up on my Google One account.
0 Likes
ChannieSan
Journeyman
Options
It just suddenly stopped working but seems ok today!
0 Likes
ChannieSan
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I didn't like One Drive, so have my photos and videos backed up to Google One, so could play the videos from there, but it was strange that it just suddenly stopped working in the gallery and camera roll 🤔 Both seem to be fine today though 🤷🏻‍♀️
0 Likes