Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

New a52 5G, can't get updates, stuck on EUX software version

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 11:26 AM)
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

Bought new from Samsung shop and delivered last Thursday, seen this is a problem with some of your flagship models too.

Tried a factory reset and tried to update using smartswitch which tells me the software is up to date (May 2021 patch) when I know it clearly isn't.

Made the mistake of booting the phone without a SIM just to check it actually booted ok.

Using giffgaff (O2 MVNO)

Apparently your setup requires configuration info from the network? errr the reason I pay £400 quid for a phone up front is to ensure I get firmware when you release it and miss out on the branding and stuff I don't use.

Is there a definite fix for this (I've ordered a Vodafone PAYG SIM to see if booting it with that might make it realise it's in the UK and should be on the BTU code.

I really don't expect to have to mess about flashing firmware myself on a new product which would presumably void my warranty anyway.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy A Series

@techwrangler: I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with your Galaxy A52 5G. Please can you attempt the following steps, and let me know if this helps?

Disable WiFi > Remove your SIM > Power off the phone > Re-insert the SIM > Power the phone back on > Enter a PIN if prompted

View solution in context

0 Likes
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

Cheers Andrew!

Didn't do anything for a minute or two after following your advice but then got prompted to reboot for a service provider update and all good from there, now on the BTU localisation and up to date.