Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New a52 5G, can't get updates, stuck on EUX software version

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 11:26 AM)
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Bought new from Samsung shop and delivered last Thursday, seen this is a problem with some of your flagship models too.

Tried a factory reset and tried to update using smartswitch which tells me the software is up to date (May 2021 patch) when I know it clearly isn't.

Made the mistake of booting the phone without a SIM just to check it actually booted ok.

Using giffgaff (O2 MVNO)

Apparently your setup requires configuration info from the network? errr the reason I pay £400 quid for a phone up front is to ensure I get firmware when you release it and miss out on the branding and stuff I don't use.

Is there a definite fix for this (I've ordered a Vodafone PAYG SIM to see if booting it with that might make it realise it's in the UK and should be on the BTU code.

I really don't expect to have to mess about flashing firmware myself on a new product which would presumably void my warranty anyway.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@techwrangler: I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with your Galaxy A52 5G. Please can you attempt the following steps, and let me know if this helps?

Disable WiFi > Remove your SIM > Power off the phone > Re-insert the SIM > Power the phone back on > Enter a PIN if prompted

Solution
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Cheers Andrew!

Didn't do anything for a minute or two after following your advice but then got prompted to reboot for a service provider update and all good from there, now on the BTU localisation and up to date.

Members_bdkqfPx
First Poster
Options

Hey @AndrewL , I seem to have the same issue with my S22. I am currently in EUX and I live in Luxembourg, so I think it should be LUX. I have tried your solution and it didn't work for me.
I am not able to find samsung pay in the the app store (on my phone), and when i find in through my PC, the button to install is greyed out and it says it is not compatible with any of my devices. My S22 is in this list and I don't understand how it is not available for it)
Can you help me please ?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_bdkqfPx: I have had a look into this for you, and unfortunately Samsung Pay is not supported in Luxembourg. As an alternative, please check out Google Pay in the Google Play Store, and enable it by heading to Settings > Connections > NFC and contactless payments > On > Contactless payments > Google Pay (tap to select) > Pay with currently open app > On. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AndrewL 

I forgot to mark this as a solution but have now done so, will I stop receiving notifications about this thread from the Members app now?

Thanks 

0 Likes