Original topic:

My new Galaxy A13 phone won't take screenshots

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 05:28 PM)
Jobosam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Hi all at the Samsung community. 

I have just bought a new Galaxy A13 (android 12) phone, which is brilliant in comparison to my previous Android 8 Honor7S phone (not that it wasn't a great phone also) but this is much better 👍( and 4 years younger) 

I find that when I try to take a screenshot, well, nothing happens. I should say, that a screenshot certainly doesn't happen 😢

One of two things happen. 

the first one is when I press the volume button first, it just displays the volume slide, and then pressing the side button has no effect other than it's normal side button pressing effect. 

if I press the side key

2a.

Quick press : applies screen lock and turns off the screen. 

2b.

Long press :

it just displays the screen with the three buttons, Power off, Restart and Emergency mode. 

I suspect there is something I need to do in settings. 

Can anyone out there help🤔

Many thanks for reading 👍

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
lexis122
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

Hi,due to the recent software updates many things have changed

Try this alternative method :

To take the screenshot with palm  gesture go to the settings, click on "Advanced functions" and activate the option "Move palm to capture".

0 Likes
Jobosam
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Hi Lexis122,

many thanks for your help👋(it's a palm🤣)

I have had a look through all of the Android 12 settings (including Samsung's settings) and I can't find these options on my phone.

I should say I have a Galaxy A13 with Android 12 phone, and I suspect that these features are for other models or other operating system versions.

Cheers Joe 🍻 👍
0 Likes
Jmorizwagner
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

I have the same problem. The standard button combination is not working for screenshots, and there's no option to turn on palm swiping. I bought this phone about a month ago and one of its key features already doesn't work. This is very annoying. Please, someone, let me know if you find a solution.

0 Likes