Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Galaxy A13 phone won't take screenshots

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 05:28 PM)
Jobosam
Navigator
Options

Hi all at the Samsung community. 

I have just bought a new Galaxy A13 (android 12) phone, which is brilliant in comparison to my previous Android 8 Honor7S phone (not that it wasn't a great phone also) but this is much better 👍( and 4 years younger) 

I find that when I try to take a screenshot, well, nothing happens. I should say, that a screenshot certainly doesn't happen 😢

One of two things happen. 

the first one is when I press the volume button first, it just displays the volume slide, and then pressing the side button has no effect other than it's normal side button pressing effect. 

if I press the side key

2a.

Quick press : applies screen lock and turns off the screen. 

2b.

Long press :

it just displays the screen with the three buttons, Power off, Restart and Emergency mode. 

I suspect there is something I need to do in settings. 

Can anyone out there help🤔

Many thanks for reading 👍

Joe

6 REPLIES 6
lexis122
Student
Options

Hi,due to the recent software updates many things have changed

Try this alternative method :

To take the screenshot with palm  gesture go to the settings, click on "Advanced functions" and activate the option "Move palm to capture".

0 Likes
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
Hi Lexis122,

many thanks for your help👋(it's a palm🤣)

I have had a look through all of the Android 12 settings (including Samsung's settings) and I can't find these options on my phone.

I should say I have a Galaxy A13 with Android 12 phone, and I suspect that these features are for other models or other operating system versions.

Cheers Joe 🍻 👍
Jmorizwagner
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. The standard button combination is not working for screenshots, and there's no option to turn on palm swiping. I bought this phone about a month ago and one of its key features already doesn't work. This is very annoying. Please, someone, let me know if you find a solution.

Kate42
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Power/down is not working. There is no option to turn on palm swipe. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kate42: It should be possible to take a screenshot by quickly pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together. You'll know if it's worked if you see the edges of the screen flash, and a preview of the screenshot appears in the bottom left corner. If this isn't working for you, then please try heading to Settings > Display > Edge Panels > On > Panels > Tasks (tick to enable) > Edit (located below the panel). Check to see if 'Take screenshot' is included in the panel on the right side of the screen. If it isn't, scroll to the bottom of the list of options on the left, and select it from the Advanced features. 

Once you have completed the steps above, go back to Settings > Display > Edge panels > Handle, and customise it via the on screen options. Now you're set up, you can swipe your Handle and access the Tasks Panel to take a screenshot with a single tap of the thumbnail. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Bluenose365
First Poster
Options
AndrewL I'm also having same problem with my Galaxy A13, cannot see where 'Edge Panels' are at all on Display.
I've tried several ways of doing it but nothing works. HELP!!
0 Likes