Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing notifications audible warning

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 09:42 AM)
Ianmilne
First Poster
Options

I have noticed that I am losing the audible component of my notifications on my Samsung A52. Thus the message, text or whatever arrives but there is no sound despite it being setup in settings. Rebooting the phone restores the audible component for a variable time. Any less irritating cure would be welcome please.

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Ianmilne: Please can you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, and make sure your Notification slider is at a suitable level? If it is, head to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb, and make sure that this is toggled off, and that there are no schedules that might enable it automatically. Similarly, head to Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines, and make sure that none of your routines disable notification sounds, or enable Do Not Disturb. 

0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options

@andrewl I have the exact same issue. I have notifcation sounds and vibration turned on and the notifications just stop. I have to restart the phone for the notifications to return to normal until it happens again. This is happening multiple times a week and has done since i got the phone a month ago.

I have looked at your suggestions and Do Not Disturb and Bixby Routines are off.

Do you have any other suggestions as to why this is happening and how to stop it from keep happening.

Thanks

Paul

AndrewL
Options

@pokey110: I can't think of a reason why your notification sounds would disable themselves other than the suggestions mentioned above. If you have installed any third party apps since purchasing the phone, try uninstalling them and monitoring the performance, just in case the issue is stemming from an external source. I'd also recommend heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, then tap Device Protection > Scan Phone to see if this flags any issues. 

0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options

Thank you @andrewl for your recommendations. I will check to see if I have any third party apps installed - can't think i have as i only download from the Play Store. I have ran the Device Protection Scan and nothing was found.

I will monitor the performance and come back to you with my findings.

Many thanks

Paul 

pokey110
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL I'm still having the same issue with notification sounds just stopping and only vibrating. 

It is now becoming annoying as I keep missing calls etc. 

I have no idea why this is happening. 

Any ideas

Thanks

Paul 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @pokey110 /Paul,

is this affecting a particular app notification or all of them? For how long have you been experiencing this?

If the issue is getting fixed when you restart the phone this may be caused by an app or setting. Would you be able to run the phone in Safe Mode for at least two hours and monitor it to see if the same thing happens? Find how to do this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
pokey110
Journeyman
Options

Hi @TessM 

If I pit my phone into safe mode I am unable to use my apps, emails or send & receive calls or texts so this isn't an option.

The issue does resolve itself when I restart the phone but the sound notifications still happen. Its happened twice in the past 2 days. 

This is extremely annoying as I keep missing very important calls.

I have never had this issue with any other phone other then this samsung.

I need this issue resolved or I'll have to replace my Samsung with another brand.

Thanks 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I do understand this @Ianmilne , however, Safe mode only disables third-party apps allowing you to check whether sound from Messages or calls (among other embedded apps) are being received. Can you please check this and see if you are able to receive call sound notifications on this mode? This is only a test that will help us determine if the issue is being caused by a third-party app. 

0 Likes