Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with A34 screen?

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 09:41 AM)
Antsushi
Journeyman
Options

I just bought the A34 and there's a weird thing with the screen that I wonder about. When looking at black text against white background there is some white bleed under the letters. When I zoom in it's still visible. I compared it against my Moto G8 power and the G8 power doesn't have this issue.

You can kinda see the problem here:

https://imgur.com/a/Mb8556L

I don't have any accessibility options turned on. 

I mean it looks worse than my G8 moto which is a budget phone from 3 years ago...

11 REPLIES 11
keith30
Maestro
Options
Try changing to dark mode instead of having your device on light mode which is the default mode.
0 Likes
Antsushi
Journeyman
Options

That's what I have done for now, but it's just not an acceptable solution. The screen shouldn't have this problem. 

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I don't see this on my s23 ultra, or any previous Samsung devices. Does it do it at all brightness levels? If your not happy you could return if it's still possible. I agree, using dark mode isn't a solution.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That doesn't look right it's almost as if your seeing the pwm. If your not happy get a swap before your 14 days is up
Antsushi
Journeyman
Options

OK, so to anyone interested - I went to Curry's and checked their A34, A54, S22, and S23 that were on display. All except for the S23 had the same issue - bleeding from letters at the bottom of text in the form of bright white light. Out of the 3 assistants only one was able to see what I was seeing. And after telling about this to my brother who has a Samsung Fold he started to notice it on his device as well. I think this is a technology quirk or potentially specifically Samsung phone screens issues. I don't quite understand it - I couldn't find anything about it online which makes me believe people simply don't notice it, but it's definitely not a faulty screen in this case as I doubt 5 other different devices would have the same specific defect. It's curious! 

INK666
First Poster
Options

Does yours also have an off white colour instead of pure white? When I compare it to my older phone an A70 the difference is so noticeable 

0 Likes
Antsushi
Journeyman
Options

@INK666 wrote:

Does yours also have an off white colour instead of pure white? When I compare it to my older phone an A70 the difference is so noticeable 

Yes,  it has got some sort of an orange hue I think? Honestly, I am glad I got a £100 discount on it because otherwise I would have been even more dissapointed. I also learned that it is best to go to a store and check the phones yourself because none of the reviews mention this "quirk" with the screen (and the two staff members at Curry's didn't even notice it....) that you can't trust anyone. Also the bloatware that comes with the phone, specifically the apps that Samsung duplicated from Google, is a nuisance. Also the camera is quite poor... I highly doubt I am getting another Samsung device after this. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Only just noticed this comment, I reckon it's pwm which about 1 in 10 can notice.
Alzibub
Student
Options
I see this problem too. It took me ages to determine that it wasn't my eyesight at fault. The proof was to find some text that exhibited the problem and then switch to landscape. After doing that I saw the white bleed was now to the right of the letters not underneath. If it was my eyesight then it would still be underneath. I think this proves it is the hardware.
0 Likes