Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop the message "You just used quick launch to open the camera"

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 04:44 PM)
rsrrll
First Poster
Options

I regularly use quick launch to open my camera, by double tapping the power button. I used this feature for years access a range of Samsung and Android phones. 

I recently purchased a new Samsung A21 5G, and when I use quick launch I get a pop up message at the bottom of the screen says "you just used quick launch to open the camera". I then have to tap the message to make it go away. This seems to happen every time in indoor/darker light, and occasionally outside.

I would understand if the message popped up once and went away, but it doesn't. I can quick launch 10 times in a row and it will pop up every time. 

This is extremely annoying.  

Screenshot_20220304-072356_Camera.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
Members_Bm6E6cm
First Poster
Options

Sorry I got my phone model wrong in the original post. The phone is an A22 5G. Model number SM-A226B/DSN. 

As others have stated already, this is a persistent issue that is built in to the camera app and cannot be permanently disabled in any way. 

The message pops up every time you quick launch the camera in low light/indoor lighting conditions. It will occur time and time again, even if you've just closed the message. 

The only current solution is to not use quick launch in low light or indoor conditions. Open the app by clicking the app icon button instead. 

Note: I am the OP, but I'm unable to access my original account. 

0 Likes
SpidermanWiebe
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10, and I had the same problem. I shouldn't say that in the past tense, but it doesn't always happen. But I totally agree that there was a dumbest pop-up that I've seen. It's almost like some developer put it in as a joke. I have a function to quick launch a camera when I see an opportunity for an awesome photo that is about to disappear forever. So my phone tells me hey you know this great feature that lets you quickly take a picture? Well we want you to know that you launched the quick launch camera and slow your progress down in launching it and maybe miss your opportunity of taking an awesome picture. I get that they have to cater to the lowest common denominator of user. I can imagine that some users might just absent-mindedly click on their power button and then their camera is launched and be confused and who knows maybe complain to Samsung, LOL. Anyway, it seemed to happen intermittently without me intervening. I just tried it like five times in a row in and out of a dark room and it doesn't happen. Maybe they updated it or it's intentionally set up to randomly pop up? I still wouldn't change from Samsung myself, but it is really annoying.

sonedude1978
First Poster
Options
Ive always had it on my galaxy s8 since launch back in 2017 and that wasnt a budget range
0 Likes
rebel_without
First Poster
Options
I have this notification also on my A03 only whatever I do to dismiss the notification will CLOSE the camera, it's driving me nuts!! The phone has nearly been smashed out of anger as a result on a number of occasions! I use my phone to take photos at gigs, where opportunities for good photos come with little warning, I now have to enter the main screen of the phone and use the camera app taking a frustrating amount of extra time and usually missing the shot! Its a ridiculous thing to put on a phone!
0 Likes
Ditchdigger
First Poster
Options

Completely agree. This pop-up completely defeats the purpose of quick-launch. It needs a "don't show this next time" checkmark or a preference to disable ASAP.

My wife and I run a pollinator habitat and I need to take photos of the butterflies and they do NOT pose for the camera. The split-second delay of Quick Launch is already long enough to miss them when they land and have their wings open; dismissing the pop-up completely kills any chance of getting the shot. Might as well stamp "NOT FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS" on the box.

It's good to learn the pop-up only happens in dark situations but pulling it rapidly out of my pocket must still count as dark because I get this in the daytime too.

0 Likes
schmeevus
First Poster
Options

Completely agree with everyone here, I was gifted a Samsung A22 by my husband 10 months ago to replace my previous Samsung. My old model didn't have this popup function and I cannot understand why the new one introduced it. I'm not a photographer, but I am a mother of 3, do you know hard it is to catch them all looking at the camera at the same time? Or to catch them off guard doing something cute? This pop-up ruins the shot! Add the pop-up appearance in low-light conditons to my phone's slow responsiveness to changing light conditions in general and it can often make it difficult to see that the message has even popped up! Honestly, I really like Android phones if this is going to be a feature in future phones then I'll be buying something else, it's just so stupid.

0 Likes
no17
Explorer
Options

you are liars, I am sending this message on a Galaxy S10, I have the same exact problem I use quick launch to take a quick picture and you Samsung will make me unable to do so, second of all when I logged in you telling me that I am on a note 20, that is a lie that is false I am using a Galaxy S10, false misleading replies to people when they only want help just like I do right now is horribly incorrigible, I have a Galaxy S10 and I want to use quick launch camera to take a quick picture, and no matter what no matter what I do and I have tried many many things to get rid of that feature, how can you call it quick launch when my Galaxy S10 can quick launch but I cannot take a quick picture, that was a lie by saying low-end phones you are trying to make people spend more money on a higher end phone, I hope the public can read this Samsung is lying

0 Likes
no17
Explorer
Options

are you stupid, what is the point of quick launch if you cannot take a quick picture and you have to take all of them steps, idiocracy

no17
Explorer
Options

you are being lied to, I own two of the highest and phones Samsung sold. they are telling you that's only on low end phones they are lying, happens to me every time on my S10 and I scream every time, quick launch for what? so I can lose the memory because I have to take 10 extra steps to take a picture?

0 Likes
no17
Explorer
Options

I absolutely agree, this is a ploy to try to make you spend more money on a phone that is unnecessary, every other pop up notification will give you the option of not showing it to you the next time

0 Likes