Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop the message "You just used quick launch to open the camera"

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 07:34 AM)
rsrrll
First Poster
Options

I regularly use quick launch to open my camera, by double tapping the power button. I used this feature for years access a range of Samsung and Android phones. 

I recently purchased a new Samsung A21 5G, and when I use quick launch I get a pop up message at the bottom of the screen says "you just used quick launch to open the camera". I then have to tap the message to make it go away. This seems to happen every time in indoor/darker light, and occasionally outside.

I would understand if the message popped up once and went away, but it doesn't. I can quick launch 10 times in a row and it will pop up every time. 

This is extremely annoying.  

Screenshot_20220304-072356_Camera.jpg

35 REPLIES 35
Frid210
Student
Options

I am at the same point of frustration as you are. I need my camera to just F-ing  work as fast as possible!

What is the point of this??? I does nothing but slow you down and make you miss an important shot. The whole point of a quick launch is that its quick!!!!!!!!

I know overall this is a small nuisance but it's so idiotic that it generates a level of frustration that makes me look at buying a new phone!!!

0 Likes
Eduardohill
Student
Options

I agree. I honestly am not surprised to see they are clueless to how annoying and frustrating this pop-up is because anyone that would be dumb enough to write this pop-up in to the program wouldn't be smart enough to fix it either. You save me the work of chewing them out. Hey Samsung I second Riniel's opinion of you and your tech support! 

0 Likes
Eduardohill
Student
Options

It randomly does it. Seems to only happen when you truly need to take a picture of something in a hurry. Continue to use the feature and eventually you will experience it. 

0 Likes
Frid210
Student
Options

After more digging I found out this issue seems to be related to low light of all things. When the camera detects a low light setting this message appears. Give it a try. While it's not a true solution, knowing why it is happening helps.

0 Likes
Jesse--
First Poster
Options

Have this problem all the time also. Hopefully you get it figured out. 

0 Likes
mikesergienko
First Poster
Options

I encountered this on my S10 once in a while, not to the extent I would start googling anyway, until... I changed my phone case. To something like the attached (pic 1):

IMG_20240331_125031_437.jpg

Then I started to get the message EVERY TIME. Even in daylight. After reading this thread, and especially the message from AntS, I decided to check whether it's my case that triggers the sensor. And it happened to be it!

The HRM sensor detects an object in front of it even if visually it's not covered. I had to make the hole in the case big enough for it to stop triggering the "You just used Quick launch to open the camera" message (see pic 2):

IMG_20240331_125028_680.jpg

Works great for me. Now even in the dark (!) I never get his annoying message. Hopefully my solution works for at least some of you, folks.

Good luck!

P.S. I had to cut my case in the first place to get rid of vignetting for my supe wide angle camera, but it's not the cameras that bring up the message, it's the HRM sensor

(1)