Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to set custom ringtons for different contacts on my Galaxy A70 phone

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 05:59 PM)
Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

As the title implies, I`m unable to figure this out.

I`ve literally searched through a dozen links I`ve found on google but those are for older Android phones and on my phone the option to actually simply "Edit" a contact and select a different ringtone per contact does not show up.

What am I missing here ? Do I need a specific app for this or what ?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options
@Raducu1987: If you select a contact and tap Edit > View More (drop down arrow at the bottom of the Edit screen) > Scroll all the way down, can you see the option to add a Ringtone and Vibration Pattern for that contact?
0 Likes
Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

No, the options when I click to edit the contact are only "Edit name" or "Edit phone number".... 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Raducu1987: Are you certain that there isn't a 'View More' option at the bottom of the Edit screen which you can tap to expand?
0 Likes
Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

Contact options .jpgContact view.jpgEdit contact page.jpg 

0 Likes
Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

The 2nd picture is the pop-up I get when I tap the " ..." symbol at the upper right side of the screen.

The 3rd picture is the result I get when I tap the "Edit" option.. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Raducu1987: I see what you mean. Do you have 2 SIMs installed in the device and, if so, is SIM1 set to handle calls and texts? Have you checked the steps in multiple contacts to see if the issue is persistent? In the meantime it might be worth going to Apps > Contacts > tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage Contacts > Move Contacts, and try moving them to your internal memory, to see if this helps. EDIT: I would also recommend creating a new test contact, to see what options are available to you.

Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

I`ve moved the contacts from my sim to my device and this did the trick, now I can actually edit my contacts and I can set a individual ringtone per contact and much more! 

Thanks a LOT for your assitance ! thanks for being so prompt regarding this, it was driving me crazy for a couple of hours :))) 

Last question - if I "moved" my contacts from my Sim to my phone, does this mean that they were actually "copied" ? or is the Sim actually left blank now ?

I`m scared that if my phone gets damaged or something that I may loose all my contacts.  

To clarify, this is my first smarthpone and I`m still trying to learn some of the features :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Raducu1987: Really pleased to hear that you're now able to edit your contacts :smiling-face: If you moved the contacts then they are no longer stored on you SIM, but if you're concerned then I recommend creating a Google or Samsung account backup. To do this, go to Apps > Contacts > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage Contacts > Sync Contacts > Toggle on your Google or Samsung account (or both). I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Raducu1987
Journeyman
Options

That definetly helps as well.

Hmm I changed the ringtone (mp3 files that I have on my phone) and even though I try to "save" them on some contacts the "Save" function doesnt work... and I still end up with the normal ringtone...

Suggestions ? :smiling-face: 

0 Likes