Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear the "other" storage on my internal storage?

(Topic created on: 22-10-2021 11:42 AM)
Jordan_Lee97
First Poster
Options

I'm using the A20 and want to know how to clear the "other" in my internal storage as it's taking up about a 3rd of my 64GB, I did analyse storage and it shows about 15GB is being used for gallery, although majority of my gallery is on an SD card. I click on it and it just opens the gallery, nothing in the recycling, cleared my cache partion.

Just want to know what I can do

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jordan_Lee97 Hello, can you put a screenshot, please. In my Storage / Others it cannot be opened. But if you go to the three points above right / Advanced-you will see a more advanced breakdown. Maybe Other applications are taking up this amount of storage. You could go uninstall apps, uninstall updates of applications that you are not using, to free up space. Regards.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Jordan_Lee97
First Poster
Options

Hello, sorry it took so long, I tried going through the three dots as you suggested but none of the apps that I am not using take up that much space, the only app that I use that constantly takes up that much space is WhatsApp with only 1.5gb. as you can see, my photo folder is taking up the most space but it doesn't make sense how, when I barely have anything in it.

Regards

Screenshot_20211102-141115_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-140540_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-141137_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_qDOQptF
Student
Options

Samsung, we need a better way to know what's hidden under "Other"

Rew570
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I deleted 3 large apps  hoping to increase space as it's sitting at 95% and the 'other' went from 06 GB to 1.3 GB !

0 Likes