Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with sentimentalnitem recovery

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 05:27 AM)
Wilburtowomble
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I would like to give you the .back story.

It's been an day that I dont now how too deal with.

A family friend has taken his own life, and his phone inaccesible. It has a passncode, and a) thats needed is the sentimental pictures on it.

It's a galaxy a03s, UK model. 

I'm happy to give the identifying I.D numbers, and my full ID, to showits a genuine reason and request.

Is anyone here who can help me fulfill his parents wishes? Jistnneednthe vids and pics

Please can any of you hel} me torecover and  imfo

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry we meet you under such sad circumstances @Wilburtowomble  and you have my sincerest condolences. 

A phone's security protocols such as fingerprints,  face unlock,  4 digit and pattern unlocking are all in place to protect the phone and it's contents, and as such are not meant to be circumvented by anyone other than the owner.

Maybe one of his immediate family may be aware of the 4 digit code to access the phone.

If there is a legal executor of any will they maybe able to pursue unlocking. They may have to reach out to the Samsung Support Team in their region and provide legal documents such as a Death Certificate. 

Some information maybe on any relevant Sd Card that's inserted into the phone.

Here are some Samsung Support Links that explain how a phone can be unlocked.

How-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-security-pin-pattern-or-password. 

I-cant-unlock-my-device. 

Take care.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Wilburtowomble
Apprentice
Options

hello brother 

Thank you you for your suggestions me and family has tried your suggestions but to tell you the truth everything at the minute seems to take twice as much effort and it's hard to find the motivation

0 Likes
Wilburtowomble
Apprentice
Options

And another thing brother it doesn't have sd card so I wonder if there's a way to connect it to a PC and download the photos folder.

Am I right in thinking there's many safeguards built-in-like if the phone is factory reset the photos would be lost and you have to have the Google account details presumably for stopping at stolen phone from being reset  and sold on or reused? Is that how all of this works?

Once again thank you for your kind words and your help if you like I will update you if I succeed but it may be a while these things are a little too much at the moment

Hudz
Voyager
Options
Best way take it to a repair shop and tell them you would like to recover your family members data.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello again @Wilburtowomble  

Yes if a Factory Reset is performed on a phone then this deletes saved information such as photo's. 

It's a shame there is no SD Card and then depends how the phone was set up to back up whether it's to the phone's storage / gallery only or also to online vaults. 

Google Accounts and Samsung Accounts invariably have two step verification and passlocks to protect them.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes