Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! MOBILE PHONE LOCKED, ASKING FOR PASSWORD: "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter."

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 05:35 PM)
DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

My (wife's) phone (galaxy A52), exactly 1-year-old on this date, suddenly, out of nowhere, started asking for an unlocking password: "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter."

The phone was not ever locked, neither with PIN, nor fingerprint, nor with a password.

All we can think of is that some OS update happened, and the phone just locked because of a bug in the update procedure.

We tried to unlock it via Find My Phone, but UNFORTUNATELY, even though the phone was located successfully and the service connected to it, but when we tried to unlock, it just said that the remote unlock option was not ON.

This is just terrible. No words to say. Desparate.

Factory reset is out of the question.

What to do?

26 REPLIES 26
renia23
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, after an update and while in airpane mode , after restart A52 is aksing for password....Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter.", I have never defined. I have tried to restore it to factory settingd but it is impossible 

Members_9gIrn2A
First Poster
Options

If you don´t have the knowledge to understand the problem, just refrain from answering. "Give it back to rightful owner" is not the answer when Samsung is unable to make correct updates. Thanks

0 Likes
Majorbafe
Student
Options

I also have this problem on a Galaxy A21s. Without user intervention it is now asking for a password which was never set.

Has Samsung given any help on this matter?

0 Likes
foxylady11
Apprentice
Options

My phone done exactly the same. 

0 Likes
foxylady11
Apprentice
Options

They don't want too know 

0 Likes
Edrisa Camara
First Poster
Options

right now am facing the same problem with my samsung a 13 

0 Likes
Members_8eTDyUz
First Poster
Options

My S21 ultra has just asked me the same question. I have tried everything but nothing works. Did you manage to sort yours??

0 Likes
weescottie
First Poster
Options
Hi I got samsung a13 phone on my screen it asking for code of 4 characters and letter which I no set up
0 Likes
Journeym
Journeyman
Options

Bought a brand New S23 Ultra from Samsung Store on 10/10/2023 afternoon. I had a look at the device for a few minutes and left it aside to have  a more knowledge about it. The next morning tried to use it screen was locked and asked me for a password I never set. Never had the chance to  create any security futures or connect it with smart devices at all. I took it to the store where I bought it from, contacted Samsung customer service twice but no help except quick to say factory reset. I have extremely important data in the phone which is worth far  more than its price and they want me to wipe out the data!  Shame on them! I explained to Samsung customer service everything what happened and their answer has been negative. I offer to them to give me my data back and keep the device and will ask them no refund. They will not have none of it! It is cruel!!!! Until now I have not been able to use that device as I need my data.  I am escalating the issue and will continue further. 

They seem to be hiding behind Data Protection Act. If that is the case they should verify that the device belongs to the person who is asking for their help. They did not even ask me if I have a proof of purchase to show that it is mine. They just do not want to help but discourage customers. Some of the Samsung (UK) support workers talk the same thing in a condescendingly manner,  which made me feel that they were enjoying the anguish I am in. 

I Would be glad to know if Samsung have given any positive help to anyone with the kind of problem I am having. I was meant to enjoy using the device but it is over four months now and still I have not been able to use the phone! After the incidence, I am using S20+,  which I bought from Amazon as a back up. I did not expect the device to control me! Rather, it should be me who should decide how to use it. It has caused me a great distress! I see many who bought the same device complaining and agonizing unnecessarily. There are, also, those owing Samsung phones who are afflicted by similar problems. 

Samsung need to take prompt action to remedy this problem!!!

P.S. Data transfer from my old  (S20, traded in) to my S23  was carried out by the store and after paying the full amount they took both phones. I picked up the new phone and went home.

Had online chat (Samsung chat box)  and was told  to go to Samsung approved centres in Liverpool One to get my S23 Ultra unlocked without data loss as they have the tools to unlock the device. However,  the centre I went to told me they can do only factory reset. They saw the message but could not help. Following this, I called the same day (16/02/2024) I called Samsung UK support and one of the support workers suggested it could be because of software problem and the next support worker (on escalating the matter???) was rather trying to fob me off. When I challenged him that I was advised to go to Samsung approved centres so that they will be able to resolve my problem, he denied Samsung do not have such things. Then when pressed he resorted to talk abought warranty by which he was trying to hide. He started apologizing profusely which I was not prepared to accept. Had another chat online (Samsung Chat Box) and escalated the matter but waiting for their email answers and has been more than 48 hours (promised email answer within 24-48 hours).

Marvs
Journeyman
Options

Same experience here w/ my Note10. I think there is a bug but Samsung does not want to acknowledge it. I did not change anything in the security settings a got the same problems. More reason for me to shift now to Apple - samsung sucks!

0 Likes