Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! MOBILE PHONE LOCKED, ASKING FOR PASSWORD: "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter."

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 11:51 AM)
DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

My (wife's) phone (galaxy A52), exactly 1-year-old on this date, suddenly, out of nowhere, started asking for an unlocking password: "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter."

The phone was not ever locked, neither with PIN, nor fingerprint, nor with a password.

All we can think of is that some OS update happened, and the phone just locked because of a bug in the update procedure.

We tried to unlock it via Find My Phone, but UNFORTUNATELY, even though the phone was located successfully and the service connected to it, but when we tried to unlock, it just said that the remote unlock option was not ON.

This is just terrible. No words to say. Desparate.

Factory reset is out of the question.

What to do?

26 REPLIES 26
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Do you have find my mobile ?on anther phone or from your pc. As you should be able to unlock it.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DanijelDomazet hello, even if you wanted to restore it to factory settings, it is impossible without having the PIN / or the way / to unlock the screen.
In your case it is advisable to go to SAT.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @DanijelDomazet Sorry for the inconvenience and technically should not happen if no password was ever set. though I do think it is advisable to have this sort of protection on your Device. some information here https://whatsabyte.com/what-is-the-safest-pin-password-pattern-or-fingerprint/ Unfortunately options limited when you did not activate the remote unlock. MIind you it is possible though to reset the security settings https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-unlock-my-device/

However a Samsung Experience Store may be able to help.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Return the phone to the rightful owner.. Might help
DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

Have you read my question? I already tried it...

0 Likes
DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

How stupid can one be...

DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

James, you say "technically should not happen", but it happened. I'm not sure if the password was ever set up (probably not), but I am sure password was NEVER used. Even using PIN to unlock is tiresome and also never used it, let allone the whole password.

How could it happen that is suddenly asks for password? It's a business phone, and now already for 3 days it's LOCKED, and the whole business is on hold.

AndrewL
Options

@DanijelDomazet: Did you add any Biometric lock screen options, as this would require a PIN or password for verification purposes. If not, and if you have valid proof of purchase containing a key identifier of the phone, such as the IMEI number, you have the option of reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the device to be unlocked at one of our Experience Stores or Support Centres. I understand that this is not ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

DanijelDomazet
Apprentice
Options

I dont think Biometrics was activated, other than by accident maybe, but that is so so unlikely.

Sure, we have a proof of purchase, IMEI, and have reached out to Samsung support over the phone. However, they keep us waiting now for 3rd day.

0 Likes