Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Reset Advice on A52s

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 01:48 PM)
deanp
First Poster
Options

Hi, I work in IT for an organisation where we issue out mobiles, I have a Samsung A52s, which I am trying to do a hard reset on as the user has forgotten their password/PIN. 

When I attempt to do the hard reset by pressing and holding down on the volume and power button the phone just switches off after counting to 10 seconds, at this point I press and hold the volume up key, while still holding on the power button and I do not see the Samsung logo in order to get into the BIOS settings. The mobile just reboots about 20/30 seconds later.

Am I doing something wrong here or has this Factory reset been locked?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@deanp: If the user has forgotten their password/PIN then you may wish to explore your options via Find My Mobile, as you can remotely manage the phone from there, including unlocking the device and performing a factory data reset. With this in mind, please follow the link below, sign in using the Samsung account details that are registered to the device, and follow the on screen prompts. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Alternatively, please follow the link below and scroll down to 'Factory reset on a smartphone using the buttons' for a step by step guide. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

0 Likes
deanp
First Poster
Options

Thanks for findmytmobile, I did get the user to log in, but site  prompted the  user to enter a mobile number to verify.

Am I right in thinking you don't have to enter the number of the device that is locked?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@deanp: If you have followed the link above, then please be assured that this is an official Samsung feature, so any information provided for verification purposes will be secure. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
0 Likes