Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 ISSUES

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 05:08 PM)
silentsnow
First Poster
Options
I'm having several problems with my new A71 which I got from Affordable Mobiles. It's about 2 months old now. It's very slow, apps often get stuck with it, pages won't load or when I press app buttons they don't work. I'm trying to add a profile pic in Instagram but when I press the button, nothing happens. Similar in Twitch, I can't change my cover photo cos the button doesn't work. In YouTube the description of videos is all overlapping so I can't read it. The battery runs out very quickly and it gets hot quickly too. I'm wondering if Affordable Mobiles sent me a faulty phone or this model is just rubbish. It's worse than my older phones & this is supposed to be a better upgrade... Has anyone else had similar problems?
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Although the Samsung Galaxy a71 is a mid range phone it should still perform tasks reasonably well.

It's 6 or 8gb Ram dependant on variant is ample enough to manage apps and the tasks the phone performs.

Here are a few generic troubleshooting tips you could try @silentsnow 

• Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 
  • Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 
  • Remove any inserted Sd card and then see what happens as sometimes a glitching card can cause issues.
  • As a very last resort back up and factory reset.
  • Look in your Samsung Members App under GetHelp Section where there is a Diagnostic tool to use.
  • In Device Care use the included tool to clear up things.
  • A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look.

Ultimately if after trying the above the phone is still affected then Yes I'd agree to approach the source that supplied the phone and request a new replacement.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "