Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 Charging Issues

(Topic created on: 27-02-2023 03:11 PM)
Vedat Shehu
Student
Options

I have a Galaxy A71 for a year now, very satisfied however last week out of nowhere I started  having issues with charging. It won't charge with the original charger (Samsung USB-C fast charger) that came with the phone, and it won't charge with 3 other original chargers (Xiaomi and 2 other Samsung chargers). I am only able to charge it with a MacBook USB-C charger. The phone has not been dropped or had any physical damages. Anyone here with the same issue or any idea if this is a hardware or software problem. The phone has been factory reset, the charging port has been cleaned properly and very carefully, yet the issue keeps persisting? Thanks in advance for any responses. Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I would suggest taking it to a phone repair shop, as they can easily fix this issue. Hope this helps! 😁
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
When on the samsung members page
Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the page
And run a diagnostic test
Usb charging
May help with your issue
0 Likes
Stevie_G
First Poster
Options

I have also had problems which have started this week. I put the charger in and nothing happens most of the time, sometimes I get cable charging, sometimes I get fast charging and rarely get Super Fast Charging anymore. Also one way works better than the other. Phone has been very well looked after. I have bought a new charger and 3 new USB C leads and it happens with everything. I can still charge the phone but its annoying as I used to plug it in every time and get Super Fast Charging now its all over the shop.

Definitely a strange one I'm thinking a problem with the charging port? I have cleaned it out etc but still the same.

Anyone else have a problem similar?

0 Likes
waffenjohn
Journeyman
Options
Ive got a A71 and have had problems with charging,the charger that came with it works every now and then for 5mins but charges my friends phone fine. Other chargers either dont work at all or take 6 hours to charge 50%. Ive tried all the suggestions about safe mode and it works for 10mins if Im lucky,my guess is its a cheap and nasty phone and I wish I hadnt got talked into it by my network. I wont be getting anymore samsung phones after this and Ive had a lot of their phones.
0 Likes
KelKelKel
First Poster
Options
Same problem here! Samsung has said its a common fault since the update so I guess we just need to wait for another update to fix the bugs
0 Likes
horizon
Apprentice
Options
I had exactly same essuies as you described. I booked a repair from a Samsung and they changed a changing port . Phone is charging super fast charging all time. If your phone still under warranty Samsung will fix it for free.
0 Likes
pneme82
Apprentice
Options
That there is the problem. Vehicles make recalls all the time and Samsung should own up and sort this mess out. I have an a71 and a70 and the charging is hit and miss. It chooses when it wants to charge and keeps beeping now and then. Samsung knows they released a faulty product, should notify customers of this. Replace it once with a part that doesn't have the same issues and we all move on. You don't sell a faulty product and then expect just the warranty to be standard, who does that???
spinstechy
Journeyman
Options
Same issue with A71 suddenly not charging. Nightmare. iSmash repair shop says it's a motherboard fault with the A70, A71. They would change the charging port hardware but said issue could reoccur within days.
They're currently charging it.
spinstechy
Journeyman
Options
It such a hassle when they insist they have to factory reset it and keep it for days days
0 Likes