Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A7 bluetooth connection error after update HFP connection lost

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 06:36 PM)
ViktorV
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

my Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) bluetooth can not connect anymore or just for 10 seconds to my car ("HFP connection lost, Blutooth Audio connection lost") than dropps the connection again and again after the latest software update (A750FNXXU3BSKB). There was no any bluetooth connection issue with the previous version. Nor all of the listed trouble shooting steps nor finally the factory reset could not solve the problem.  Can anyone help, please?

78 REPLIES 78
AndrewL
Options
@ViktorV: Sorry to hear that you're having connectivity issues with your A7. Have you tired establishing a connection with another compatible car system to see if the issue persists? As you have recently updated the phone, it may be worth contacting the car's manufacturer directly to ask them if there are any updates available for their system and, if so, what steps need to be taken to download/install it.

In the meantime, please check the link below to find detailed troubleshooting steps for your Bluetooth issue.

https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-device-is-unable-to-connect-a-bluet...
0 Likes
ViktorV
Journeyman
Options

Hello Andrew, 

1st thanks for your quick feedback

2nd  there is not available software update for my car (SKODA Kodiaq - Infotainment), the latest software is on it

I tried everything, all the suggested steps and finally with both devices factory reset as well, without success.

I have a Galaxy J6 (latest software updated) and other type of mobile phones as well without any bluetooth connection problems with my car.

I do not understand why it is -in the most of cases- connected than a few seconds later disconnected or simply could not to pair in some other cases.

It works perfectly with the previous software, is there any chance to return back to it?

0 Likes
Artur24
Apprentice
Options

I have exaclty the same problem. Just after the update it connects and and after few seconds drops connections with my car. I've tried evrything to solve the problem but nothing works. Other phones work fine. Did you manage to solve the problem? This is really frustrating. My car is skoda rapid from 2018.

Thanks,

Artur

0 Likes
ViktorV
Journeyman
Options

Hello Artur, 

unfortunately, till now, I did not. Yes it is totally frustrating, I do not know that the update is not working well or wait for a new update for both, car and/or phone.

On tomorrow I try to restore the previous update on my A7 by "Smart Switch" and will see.

0 Likes
Artur24
Apprentice
Options

Hi Victor,

thanks for the quick response.Please let me know if it works or not. I consider this as a last resort. Good luck!

Artur

0 Likes
ViktorV
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

so SMART SWITCH and its previous version do not support the A7 (2018) recovery, so it seems there is no chance to return to the previous version, just with a big hack.

So, it seems we have to wait for a bluetooth update by samsung side or skoda side

0 Likes
Artur24
Apprentice
Options

Anyway, thanks for looking into this and shering infmation...

Thanks,

Artur

0 Likes
Artur24
Apprentice
Options

Victor,

what I have done accidentaly and it's been working for 3 days so far is that I resterted my mobile while it was connected via USB cabele with my smart link.

From that moment I have no problems. Good luck!

Artur

0 Likes
ViktorV
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

unfortunatelyI have no smart link due to my company did not pay for it.

So, after what you did, the bluetooth is working well?

0 Likes