Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A50 Camera App - Warning Camera Fail when trying to switch to front camera

(Topic created on: 19-10-2023 11:10 AM)
Mablake
Student
Options

Received the phone yesterday, and have updated the applications and OS to the latest available.

When using the camera app, I get a "Warning Camera Fail" message when trying to use the front camera, the camera then remains unuable until I clear the camera cache.  I assume this is a software bug.

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Mablake: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Following an update it can be beneficial to restart the device to address any temporary software issues that may have arisen. With this in mind please press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the phone restarts to see if this helps. If not then please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select 'Front Camera' from series of options. If the error occurs during this test then please contact Samsung Support on 0330 726 7864 or visit a Repair Centre by checking the following link: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
Solution
Mablake
Student
Options

Thank you for the detail below, it proved my phone had a hardware issue, and needed repair, in my case replacement.  thanks again for the quick response.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Glad you got it sorted @Mablake. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
Partita
Pathfinder
Options

Try clearing cache and data.

0 Likes