Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A30 Charging problems

(Topic created on: 16-04-2020 12:04 PM)
Lava_za
Apprentice
Options

My phone only charges with other chargers, and on the Computer via USB.
The fast chargers (I have 2) both are working for other devices, but not on the phone.

Other cables same result.

When plugged into the computer it displayed that the USB device malfunctioned, this never happend before - only when the charging problem started.

Other Samsung devices all fast charge with my chargers & cables but not on my phone.

I have also cleaned the USB-C port, restarted the phone multiple times, shut down the phone multiple times, turn on and off the fast charging option in the battery options, and also reset the phone to factory settings - and nothing happened.

The phone only charges with non-fast chargers, and via the USB on other computers, but on all other computers it also says the USB device in the device manager has stopped working. 

Windows Explorer also thus doesn't pick up the phone to browes it, it only charges (very slowly)

This started happening today when I tried charging when the battery was at 15%
The firt time plugging in into the fast charger it did charge - but it stopped at 21% then when the battery level reached below that - it started fast charging again (from the wall)
This kept happening a few times, and when I plugged it into the computer - I started to find out the above issues. And now it no longer charges with any fast charger at all.

I also don't have any software updates currently available.

This Samsung A30 is about 4 months old now, previously everything worked flawlessly - haven't installed and made any setting/cable/charger/electricty changes since.

22 REPLIES 22
Kevin_02
Student
Options

This is happening to me also.It started like a week ago.My phone doesnt show fast charge anymore,sometimes it charges really fast ,like crazy ,when i measured it ,the result was like 990 mah,which isnt fast charge,it must be like 2000mah or more.The battery drops very quickly.It might be an update or hardware problem.Contact me if you manage to fix it.

GregoryBrown
First Poster
Options

I have also started facing this problem as of a week ago...

My phone won charge with a fast charger - it starts charging, then stops, then starts again...

If I connect it to a PC, It will charge normally but it does not recognize that it's connected to a PC.

I haven had any changes in cabels, chargers or anything.

I also noticed that when connected to a fast charger, the USB debugging notification also shows up (as if connected to a PC)

0 Likes
Lava_za
Apprentice
Options

Greetings, 

Sorry I was unable to reach this page (The SEACOM/WACS cable in the UK broke, we in South Africa had no international internet traffic) 

I sent my phone back to the supplier as a faulty unit, and they replaced it with the same model again.
Updated to the latest software version also - haven't been getting any charging issues as of yet.

0 Likes
AlvinK
First Poster
Options

I am also experiencing the same problem with my Samsung A30s. The problem started some time in February and has been on and off. I have two original fast charging chargers from Samsung and both are behaving the same. They are unable to charge my phone. I have use both original and generic cables and the result is the same. The same cables however are charging using the slower older generation chargers. I connected my phone to a Nokia fast charging charger using different cables and they were able to charge my phone. 

Today I connected my phone using a cable to my laptop. The phone is charging but the laptop says the device connected is not recognized. I am not sure if the problem is with the device or with the compatibility between the charger and the device. if the device was faulty then it would not charge completely regardless of the charger.

Its something that Samsung need to investigate seriously because am sure there are people out there suffering in silence.

0 Likes
Kattaz
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am also experiencing the same the exact same charger related problem. I once asked my mate if I could use his laptop to charge my phone after I noticed that it wouldnt charge on anything else. He suggested that I use a 5v apple adapter, it worked and I've been using it ever since then. 

However I have my doubts about how long it will work since the underlying problem is with original samsung merch and I also often transfer files to and from my phone and laptop. 

How do I resolve this? Thanks 

0 Likes
PabloVaca
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same problem but a lot more, I haven´t done anything to my phone but one day it just decided to broke, the fast charger is not working, only works on other adapters and even then, it cant connect to the PC, plus, some time it was just reseting randomly, and now, it says that my SD Card is not recognized, I know that none of this issues are my fault and I have tried everything

0 Likes
iamarjun45
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue. Can anyone suggest what I should do?

0 Likes
iamarjun45
First Poster
Options

How did you resolve this? Will you help me?

0 Likes
GregoryBrown
First Poster
Options

@iamarjun45 wrote:

How did you resolve this? Will you help me?

This problem was not solved.

If I have anything to add, I would say it will only get worse from here on out.

A couple of weeks ago, my cell phone started occasionally complaining that moisture in the charging port.

(the cell phone was not exposed to moisture or water - I don't even take it with me to the bathroom and where I live, the air is actually quite dry.

I read later online that this is a common problem with the A30 - the miss triggering of moisture detection.

I didn't give it much thought, until today. I put my phone to charge last night - all seemed well, the charger icon popped up and everything was fine. When I got up I noticed the phone had barely charged  that the charging icon was gone. I restarted my phone - a trick that used to work to get it charging again.

I plugged it into my Mac - and about 30s later, My mac said it had disabled the USB ports due to a device consuming large amounts of power - when I picked up my phone, it simply died.

After a good hour, I tried turning it back on with no luck - since the battery was low when it died, I decided to give my wall charger another try - I plugged it in, and there was no sign of any charging - the display did not go on or anything. It must have not been 1 minute when I thought it was strange and decided to disconnect the phone. That's when I noticed that the USB-C cable was hot enough to burn me.

Please note, the phone is always on my desk - seldom in my pockets or anything - it has never been dropped, gotten wet, I'd dare say, it has not even a scratch on it. This all has been getting progressively worse and culminates on my phone simply dying today.

Good luck A30 owners - you 'll need it.

0 Likes