Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A14 - Increased battery drain after 10 Days for no reason (regular updates since 2023)

(Topic created on: 21-06-2023 02:12 PM)
DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Update 2023/2024: Problem can be reproduced 100%. In my situation the problem ALWAYS occurs after 9 to 10 days of system runtime. Device has already been sent for service once. See page 3 for experience. The cause for the Problem is totally unclear. Strong indication that it affects the entire model series Read post

Hello community,

I've had a new Samsung Galaxy 14 smartphone for about 5 weeks and I noticed something strange about the battery consumption. Doesn't have to be a problem, but I find it very unusual. FIRST I would like to mention that I practically do not use the smartphone. It's on my desk 24/7 and I only use it a few minutes in the evening to log into my bank account. That's why I automatically activated the flight mode 23 hours a day using the Samsung routine/modes. The smartphone is set to maximum battery economy. I use my old smartphone for everyday use.

This is why the following picture bothering me now: 

-Significantly increased consumption in the last few days, for no apparent reason. This is the second discharge process since I had the device, the behavior was not observed during the first discharge process from my point of view. Update: I have currently charged the device back to 80% and now the battery still seems to be discharging relatively quickly. Yesterday 11 p.m. 80%, today 3 p.m. 74%

-The room temperature was about 2-3 degrees warmer in the last few days, but that shouldn't explain the matter?

-There is NO app usage on the days.

-Android 13 with ONE UI Core-Version 5.1

Update: After Reeboot the Smartphone seems to have a normal battery drain again. I can only wait for it to happen again

Screenshot_20230620_170839_Device care - Kopie - Kopie.jpg

Screenshot_20230620_170828_Device care - Kopie - Kopie.jpg

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
gorgussMe
First Poster
Options
Sounds similar to ur device being remotely accessed and dangerously compromised tbh it's happening big time
0 Likes
gorgussMe
First Poster
Options
Worse thing I did was using old a32 device alongside my recent purchase 7 weeks ago of a13 totally hijacked rebuilt settings changed and not NOT standard these hackers think I'm stupid and don't know their redirects and infiltrating my Samsung account and stolen several Gmail addresses and actually getting better usage of my device than I am. They have invaded 2 samsung galaxy phones and a recent iPhone by cloning and setting themselves up as Administrators and having the cheek to change my details and setting me up as a kid under 13 to stop me accessing several applications 😀 beware
0 Likes
gorgussMe
First Poster
Options
August 13-23 gas been a huge infringement of samsung copyright and samsung devices being hacked and remotely accessed samsung are aware of this but unable to cope with thousands of customers experiencing cyber security issues like stalking and invasion of privacy fake redirects, fake samsung/Google apps and much more
0 Likes
gorgussMe
First Poster
Options
Ohh forgot to mention remote access of hackers are able to apply modes and routines that stops appropriate charging and remotely drain charge trust me this is serious crime
0 Likes
gorgussMe
First Poster
Options
Dr wage it's irregular readings and likely FAKE
0 Likes
DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Today is Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 evening. Problem still exists, but got response via Samsung Members App and from Samsung Software Testing Team. My total working time, 2 hours 15.

1.) Response from Samsung

A Software engineer was able to find some abnormalities in/with software package. A concrete possible cause was presented and a concrete description was given, which I shold try on my Samsung Device. I did this on two Samsung A14s and will report again in 9 to 10 days. According to the answer, this issue is "not occurring in other devices". I also received a response via the Samsung Members app, which also contained these instructions. The support employee had definitely tried the solution himself before sending it to me, there is visibly more movement here than before. Thanks for that.

2.) The problem again in further numbers

I would also like to show again graphically how the problem manifests itself, especially in comparison to other devices. During the holidays I had time to compare a few smartphones directly and to document again what I had observed with smartphones over the years and because the problem with the A14 is not/should not be normal. What can also be clearly see in my opinion, is that the A14 behaves completely normally and even very well WITHOUT bleed.

As comparison:
-Motorola Moto E4 (6.5 years old, deep discharge several times, 2800 mAh battery)
-Gigaset GS110 (>4 years old, not the best phone, also some issues, 3000 mAh)
-Samsung Galaxy A14 (with battery bleed)
-Samsung Galaxy A14 (without battery bleed)

Attached are two diagrams and the raw data

BatteryBleed.PNGAAA.PNG

444.PNG

0 Likes