Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum brightness of tablet has increased since Android 10 / One UI update on my tablet (SM-T590)

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 09:10 AM)
borgs
Student
Options

My tablet was upgraded from Android 9 to Android 10 last week and now the minimum brightness is much higher than before. Even after rebooting several times, and even when going into safe mode, the minimum brightness (with adaptive brightness off) is a lot higher than it used to be.

It is now very uncomfortable on my eyes to use in even slightly dark surroundings. When I compare this to my phone (which used to have a very similar level of minimum brightness) it is obvious that is now a lot brighter. I have tried numerous screen filters to mitigate the problem but none of them work satisfactorily as they can't dim notifications, parts of One UI etc. Plus I'm sure my battery life has taken a hit. I've contacted support and have sent reports but no response as yet.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
borgs
Student
Options

Just had the a reply from Samsung stating "We're not aware of any changes to the minimum brightness on any of our devices" which doesn't help me in the slightest.

If any of you do have this issue then please add to this post.

0 Likes